Do you need to send us a transcript?

Visit Admissions Transcripts (submitting) page for specific information.
If you have any questions, contact the One Stop at 907-786-1480.

I would like to take classes outside of UAA and transfer them back.

"Outside of UAA" includes classes taken at UAF, UAS and Prince William Sound Community College. Classes from these schools are all considered transfer credit.

Before you take a class:

  • Check to see if the class is listed on the Transfer Evaluation System (see link below) to see how it has transferred back to UAA in the past.
  • Meet with your academic advisor and ask about pre-petitioning the class through your department. This will guarantee a beneficial transfer if you successfully complete the course or alert you to an unfavorable transfer outcome before you are committed to it.

After you finish the class:

Don't forget to send us an official transcript!


Transfer Evaluation System (TES)

This site allows you to review recent UAA transfer decisions. You can also compare course descriptions and search for courses that will transfer as equivalent UAA courses or General Education Requirements.


I am bringing in transfer work from another college/university

Transcripts are automatically evaluated for transfer credit within 7 business days of receipt for all students who have applied for admission to an undergraduate degree program.

Within a few days of evaluation, you will recieve an email informing you that a report outlining your transfer credit is available for review in UAOnline with instructions on how to view it.

Check DegreeWorks and work with your academic advisor to determine how your transfer credit fits into your UAA degree plan.  Your advisor may recommend academic petitions for a transfer course that could not be transferred in as a specific UAA course.


Other Transfer Info

International Transfers

Transferring university credit from
international institiutions

Military Credit

Transfer information specifically for military
personnel and veterans

National Examinations

Information on transferring in exam credit
(CLEP, DSST, AP, etc.)

Non-Traditional Credit

Non-classroom based ways of getting credit at UAA