You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Required financial documentation for international students

To receive an I-20 you must have been admitted to UAA, and provided the Office of International Student Services (ISS) with adequate proof of funding.  The documentation that must be submitted includes a bank statement showing the amount specified on the cost to attend page,  along with a copy of the Affidavit of Financial Support, found on the Forms Page, signed by the owner of the bank statement.  Do not choose the Sister City Affidavit of Financial Support unless you have been notified your request for sister city status has been approved.

You must show that you have the ability to fund yourself for a minimum of one year while attending UAA. This includes tuition and fees, lodging and meals, and everyday expenses including health insurance.

International Students are not eligible for Financial Aid, and must personally secure their own funding.

Once you have been admitted to UAA and you have provided proof of your financial support, an I-20 will be created for you.

You will receive a copy of the information your I-20 was created from and asked to verify it is correct, and you will be provided with instructions on receiving the document with the use of eShipGlobal.

ISS will send your acceptance packet to you which will include your I-20 and information on paying your SEVIS fee and arranging a visa interview.