College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
The College-Level Examination Program® or CLEP provides all students with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses. There are 2,900 colleges that grant credit and/or advanced standing for CLEP exams.
How can I prepare for the exam?
How much does the exam cost?
Each CLEP test costs a total of $122 which is paid in two separate payments:
- $89 to the College Board for the exam
- $33 to the Testing Center for proctoring
How do I sign up for the exam?
There are 2 steps to sign up for the exam:
- Register with the College Board and pay the $89.00 fee. You will be issued a voucher ID that is valid for six (6) months from the date of purchase (at least one day before your scheduled test).
- Schedule an appointment with the Testing Center and pay the $33.00 proctoring fee (this includes a $3.00 credit card fee).
How do I take the exam?
- Bring a copy of your registration receipt and government issued identification to your scheduled test day appointment.
- CLEP testing is done at the UAA Testing Center, Room 112.
Acceptable Government Issued Identification
- State ID
- State Drivers License
- Military ID
- Naturalization Card
- Tribal ID
- Credit cards with picture
- Warehouse club cards
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Cards
- Company or Work Identification
- Photocopy of any Identification
How do I get my score?
You will receive an unofficial score report at the end of the CLEP exams for all subjects except the College Composition with Essay exam. Allow at least 3 weeks for your results to be returned to the Institution from the College Board.
You must be a degree seeking student at UAA in order for your official CLEP scores to be posted to your UAA transcript.
How often can I retake the CLEP Exam?
Effective October 17, 2014 CLEP Exams may be taken every 3 months.