Contact via Email and Phone: Closed to In-person Traffic
The University Center is closed to walk-in traffic due to statewide and local measures
to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center is operational and staff are able to take your call Monday - Friday
from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Call center: 907-786-1480 (option 5)
- Email: contact information found on this page or listed on the Office of the Registrar homepage
During this time, transcripts must be mailed and are not available for pick up.
Please note that staff are working remotely and there may be some unintended interruptions or delays to communication. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Students that have attended a post-secondary institution outside of the United States must submit an official copy of their academic transcript to World Education Services (WES). Do not submit foreign transcripts directly to UAA. WES will analyze international degrees and/or coursework and provide U.S. equivalents.
With foreign transcripts, translation into English is only half of the challenge. Since academic terminology is not consistent between countries, transcript terms like "module," "course" or "paper" need to be rendered into their U.S. equivalents. WES also has the resources to accurately determine how much semester hour credit is appropriate to grant for a 17 "unit" class or what the U.S. equivalent is for final grades like "14" or "Q."
- International Transcripts must be evaluated by WES (World Education Services) before UAA can consider the coursework for transfer.
- Without exception, credits from international schools transfer as electives. Your academic advisor will assist you with petitioning courses to meet any applicable degree requirements.
- International students holding baccalaureate degrees will have their General Education Requirements waived provided WES equates the coursework as equivalent in all aspects to a United States baccalaureate degree.
Graduate Program Applicants
UAA needs a copy of your WES Basic Course-by-Course Evaluation if you earned a foreign baccalaureate degree and/or plan to petition foreign credits to fulfill graduate degree requirements. Otherwise you do not need to order a WES evaluation or an official copy of your foreign transcript.
Please email email@example.com and include the name(s) of the institution(s) you attended. A Transfer Credit Specialist will let you know if a WES evaluation is necessary.
World Education Services (WES)
Order an evaluation directly from WES and choose the WES Basic Course-by-Course Evaluation option. Pay the associated fee directly to WES. Designate UAA as the recipient of the evaluation. UAA does not accept WES evaluations from students.