You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Military Credit

UAA is a GoArmyEd school and participates in the Air Force Education Portal and the My Career Advancement Program offered to spouses. UAA accepts DSST Exams (formerly DANTES) and CLEP exams and evaluates military training for admitted degree-seeking students.

Visit the Military and Veteran Community Resources page for information about available support for service members, veterans, and their families.

US Service Academies

All of the US military service academics are regionally accredited universities. Coursework will transfer using the same guidelines as any other transfer institution.

Air Force

Most US Air Force airmen are enrolled in Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) to document their training. Credits may be awarded when appropriate and upon request. Order a CCAF transcript as part of your admissions process, and complete a Request for Evaluation of CCAF Credit form with your academic advisor if you're interested in UAA credit.

Request for Evaluation of CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) Credit

Joint Services Transcript

Since a Joint Services Transcript (JST) is not a college transcript, transfer credit follows American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines for military credit. This means that:

  • Only elective credit is granted. Work with your academic advisor to discuss petitions if any of this credit may meet degree requirements.
  • You are not required to provide a JST or request credit unless you wish to do so.
  • If you choose to request credit after discussing it with your academic advisor, you control the amount of credit granted.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to federal student aid regulations, excessive credit applied to your UAA record may have negative impacts on your ability to receive future financial aid or tuition assistance. For many students, it is more beneficial to transfer a few individual courses rather than their entire service record. Your academic advisor can help you make an informed decision about what is best for your situation and help select the courses that will be most helpful to your degree plan.

Transferring ACE Military Credit

Credits may be granted for formal service schools and the primary MOS/Rating as recommended in the Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Services prepared by the American Council on Education.

Credit Eligibility

Per ACE guidelines, the following credit on a JST is eligible for transfer to UAA:

  • Army - All AR training courses and the most recent primary MOS occupation.
  • Marine Corp - All MR training courses and the most recent primary MCE occupation.
  • Navy - All NV training courses and the most recent primary NER occupation.
  • Coast Guard - All CG training courses and the most recent primary CGR occupation.