UAA is a ArmyIgnitEd school and participates in the Air Force Education Portal and the My Career Advancement Program offered to spouses. UAA accepts DSST Exams (formerly DANTES) and CLEP exams and evaluates military training for admitted degree-seeking students. UAA requires and collects transcripts from all institutionally accredited and foreign institutions attended. Transfer credit is applied upon review of each transcript.
Visit the Military and Veteran Community Resources page for information about available support for service members, veterans, and their families.
US Service Academies
All of the US military service academics are regionally accredited universities. Coursework will transfer using the same guidelines as any other transfer institution.
Most US Air Force airmen are enrolled in Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) to document their training. Order a CCAF transcript as part of your admissions process and complete a Request for Evaluation of CCAF Credit form with your academic advisor.
Request for Evaluation of CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) Credit
Joint Services Transcript
UAA follows American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines for granting military credit from the Joint Services Transcript (JST). Only elective credit is granted. Work with your academic advisor to ensure these credits are appropriately applied to your degree requirements.
Transferring ACE Military Credit
Credits may be granted for formal service schools and the primary MOS/Rating as recommended in the Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Services prepared by the American Council on Education.
- Send a JST to email@example.com.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your JST and how credit will be appropriately applied to your degree requirements.
- Fill out the Request for Evaluation of Military Training form to reflect your choices. Once it is signed, submit it to the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to the Enrollment Services Center. The credit will then be posted to your record.
Per ACE guidelines, the following credit on a JST is eligible for transfer to UAA:
- Army - All AR training courses and the most recent primary MOS occupation.
- Marine Corp - All MR training courses and the most recent primary MCE occupation.
- Navy - All NV training courses and the most recent primary NER occupation.
- Coast Guard - All CG training courses and the most recent primary CGR occupation.