Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we ask employees to give?
Why do we ask employees to give?
- Seawolf spirit starts at home. UAA faculty and staff know the university better than any other group. By giving back we show our confidence in the university and our support for students.
- Employee donors are our best ambassadors to the community. They have chosen to support something they believe in with their time, talent and treasure. That commitment sends a powerful message!
- Your support encourages others. When you talk to your peers about the amazing work you do, the students that you do this work for, and the investment you personally make in higher education, you help your peers visualize how much they can invest too. Talking about your gift can multiply gifts for the students you support.
And the most important reason to give...
- Your gift supports Students. The students are the reason we are all here and they are the reason we should give. Financial support from employee donors helps students achieve their education goals.
- How much should I give?
How much should I give?
Gifts of all sizes make a difference. Your participation is most important. Did you know that just $10 per pay period adds up to $260* a year? Small gifts add up fast to do big things for UAA.
*Based on 26 pay periods.
- How can I give?
How can I give?
UAA employees can give online, by credit card or check, through payroll deduction or over the phone. To learn more, please visit our "Ways to Give" page.
- What is the easiest way to give with the greatest impact?
What is the easiest way to give with the greatest impact?
Recurring gifts! Set it up and know that you are helping students all year long. What seems like a small gift adds up to a huge impact. You can do this in 3 ways:
- Payroll deduction: Answer just a few questions to sign up within a minute. This can be set for 19 pay periods or 26 pay periods. You can give up to 4 different areas, with a minimum donation of $10/pay period per fund. Sign up for payroll deduction.
- Monthly giving: An automatic payment from your credit or debit card. You can give to as many fund designations as you want to with no minimum donation. Sign up for monthly giving.
- Pledge: This is a great option if you appreciate a reminder to keep you on track for donating on a certain schedule (monthly, annually) by a check or credit card transaction. It is also a great option for you if you have a goal for the amount you would like to donate by a certain date. The "pledge" refers to the total amount you commit to donating in a specified time period. Contact Alex Komar at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your pledge payments.
- Where can I direct my gift?
Where can I direct my gift?
Your gift can be directed toward any UA Foundation fund you choose. You may designate your gift to the area that most reflects your personal and professional values and interests–to the school, college, program, endowment or scholarship of your choice. Need help finding a fund that will be meaningful to you? Call University Advancement at 907-786-1840.
- Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?
Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?
Yes. The UA Foundation processes and receipts your charitable gift to UAA. Please contact the UA Foundation Office at 907-450-8030 or email email@example.com with questions.