Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we ask employees to give?
Why do we ask employees to give?
- Seawolf spirit starts at home. UAA faculty and staff know the university better than any other group. By giving back we show our confidence in the university and our support for students.
- Employee donors are our best ambassadors to the community. They have chosen to support something they believe in with their time, talent and treasure. That commitment sends a powerful message!
- Your support encourages others. Often large donors want to know what our employee participation rate is. They want to see that university employees believe in UAA because we know the university and our students the best. Our participation sends a very clear message to those donors. Participation is what matters; gifts of every size make a difference!
And the most important reason to give...
- Your gift supports Students. The students are the reason we are all here and they are the reason we should give. Financial support from employee donors helps students achieve their education goals.
- How much should I give?
How much should I give?
Gifts of all sizes make a difference. Your participation is most important. Did you know that just $10 per pay period adds up to $260* a year? Small gifts add up fast to do big things for UAA.
*Based on 26 pay periods.
- How can I give?
How can I give?
UAA employees can give online, by credit card or check, through payroll deduction or over the phone. To learn more, please visit our "Ways to Give" page.
- What is the easiest way to give with the greatest impact?
What is the easiest way to give with the greatest impact?
Payroll deduction–It’s a snap! Specify the total gift amount you would like to give and a portion will be automatically deducted from your paycheck each pay period. These gifts make a great impact over time. Download an Employee Giving form (PDF) or call us at (907) 786-4847.
- Where can I direct my gift?
Where can I direct my gift?
Your gift can be directed toward any UA Foundation fund you choose. You may designate your gift to the area that most reflects your personal and professional values and interests–to the school, college, program, endowment or scholarship of your choice. Need help finding a fund that will be meaningful to you? Call University Advancement at (907) 786-4847.
- I already made my gift this year. Will my gift count toward the "Seawolf Spirit at
I already made my gift this year. Will my gift count toward the "Seawolf Spirit at Work" campaign?
Absolutely! If you have donated to UAA at any time during the fiscal year, your gift counts–thank you! We recognize donors on an annual Employee Honor Roll.
Please note: we account for, acknowledge and steward our donors on a fiscal year basis, July 1–June 30.
- Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?
Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?
Yes. The UA Foundation processes and receipts your charitable gift to UAA. Please contact the UA Foundation Office at (907) 450-8030 or email email@example.com with questions.