UAA community members recognized during National Philanthropy Day
by University of Alaska Anchorage |
National Philanthropy Day celebrates charitable giving and service that makes a difference in our communities and our country.
Here in Alaska, the Association of Fundraising Professionals annually recognizes outstanding achievements in philanthropy across our state.
I am proud to announce that several of this year’s award winners are members of our UAA community! These Seawolves recipients exemplify a true spirit of dedication and service in advancing our university’s mission. I’m pleased to congratulate:
- Phoebe Bales, a legal studies student - receiving the award for Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy.
- Dr. Tina DeLapp, a UAA emerita Professor of Nursing and strong supporter of UAA for more than 25 years – receiving the award for Outstanding Volunteer in Philanthropy.
- Heather Flynn, a UAA alumna and generous supporter of our university for more than 25 years – receiving the award for Outstanding Individual Philanthropist.
- I am also pleased to share that the association has honored the late Senator Ted Stevens, and posthumously awarded him the Eugene R. Wilson Award for contributing to the development of a philanthropic culture in Alaska.
- We also celebrate Kinross Alaska, a longtime industry partner for UAA, for receiving the Outstanding Business in Philanthropy Award.
Charitable giving brings about positive change in our state and communities. Philanthropy demonstrates the caring heart of Alaskans, and a commitment to make our communities and the world a better place for all. These members of our UAA community create opportunity for others and exemplify our university’s mission of service to Alaska. Congratulations to our Seawolves recipients, and thank you for all that you do for UAA.
- Department of Human Services
- Division of Population Health Sciences
- Justice Center
- School of Allied Health
- School of Nursing
- School of Preventive & Therapeutic Sciences
- School of Social Work
CENTERS & INSTITUTES
- Alaska Center for Rural Health and Health Workforce
- Center for Human Development
- Child Welfare Academy
- Interprofessional Health Sciences Simulation Center
MEDIA INQUIRIES / STORY LEADS