A $1.5 million grant coordinated by Recover Alaska was presented to the University of Alaska Anchorage School of Social Work, which will significantly increase enrollment capacity, establish a pathway to licensure for graduates, add faculty and staffing, and offer continuing education to maintain clinical licenses.
College of Health News
Students provide health to underserved Alaskans and receive mentorship through Alaska's WWAMI program.
Dental hygiene students give back to the community by providing free dental care to children during the 2nd annual Children’s Day event.
Founding members of the Alaska Public Health Information Response Team submitted a book chapter proposal, entitled "Addressing Health Misinformation in the Infodemic Era: The Alaska Public Health Information Response Team," in the early spring of 2021 for consideration in a forthcoming book, "Building Health Misinformation Immunity: A Professional's Guide to Helping the Public," which was recently published.
- Department of Human Services
- Division of Population Health Sciences
- Justice Center
- School of Allied Health
School of Nursing
School of Social Work
- Creighton University/UAA Occupational Therapy Program
- UAA-ISU Doctor of Pharmacy Program
- WWAMI School of Medicine
- Alaska Center for Rural Health and Health Workforce
- Center for Human Development
- Child Welfare Academy
- Interprofessional Health Sciences Simulation Center