Community Engaged Student Assistants
Why Be a CESA?
- Have a meaningful experience working with faculty and community members
- Hands-on opportunities utilizing your education to work with the local community
Administration Scholarship Awards available for eligible students
Interested in working with a faculty member on a community-engaged project? Need assistance in forming a connection? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and CCEL will be happy to talk with you.
What is a CESA?
CESAs support students, faculty, and community partners in four key areas:
- Developing community partnerships with faculty
- Recruiting, placing, training and coordinating service-learners for courses
- Developing creative projects, applying technical expertise, and collecting research data
- Providing direct service/research to the community partner
Why Apply for a CESA?
- Receive student assistance for your community-engaged projects
- Mentor talented and engaged students
- Foster connections between faculty, students, and community partners
Application Deadline for Fall 2020
To Be Announced
Faculty: Please submit a narrative with the following:
- Briefly describe the course/project;
- Outline expected activities for the CESA and provide a rationale for the tuition award;
- Describe how the student will assist you in one or more of the four key areas;
- Provide contact information for the community partner: Name, address, phone and email.
Submit applications in electronic format to email@example.com
For more information, please call Interim Director, Dr. Donna Aguiniga (786-4087 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Above: CESAs present their projects at the annual Community Engagement Forum
Past CESA Projects