Join a Team
- All students enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours and/or have paid the student activity fee and/or who have a current validated Wolfcard. No ID, no play. It is understood that any IM participant is personally responsible for providing adequate insurance coverage to handle any required personal medical treatment, psychological treatment, and property loss/damage during participation in UAA Intramural/Recreation Sports Programs. (See IM Acknowledgement of Risks and Release of Liability form).
- Members of the faculty/staff who have paid the activity fee and/or a current validated Wolfcard and have paid the $10 Intramural Participant Activity Fee for Intramural League Play or the $55 Recreational use fee, are also eligible for participation.
- Members of varsity athletic squads are not eligible for intramural competition in their specific sport.
- Members of the varsity athletic squads include individuals who are participating with, or competing in their respective sport and individuals who have been red-shirted. *One full calendar year must elapse before an individual who participated or red-shirted in a varsity sport can participate in their specified intramural sport.
- Each individual must compete under his or her name. Any person using an assumed name will be barred from intramural competition during that season and any team he/she represented will be penalized with forfeits for all games in which the violator participated.
- Any question of interpretation of the rules shall be submitted to the Intramural Director in writing for consideration within 24 hours.
There is a $10 fee per player on the roster, and that is per sport as well (excluding hockey, and some special events).
- Example 1: if you play 1 IM Sport—additional fee is $10.
- Example 2: if you play 2 IM Sports—additional fee is $20.
- Example 3: if you play 3 IM Sports—additional fee is $30.
The fee is paid at the issues cage located on the lower level as you enter the southwest main doors, and the receipt is to be turned into the Intramurals Office room #209.
How to Register
- On the Active Communities SSC page:
- New Users: Select "Create an Account" link in the upper right-hand corner; once your account is created, select "My Account" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Returning Users: Select "Sign In" and then "My Account" on the following screen.
- Under the "Online Services" section, select "Register for Activities."
- Select the sport you want by clicking the "Add to Cart" green button to the right.
- Choose your registration type: "Join Team."
- Select "Participant" and "Next."
- Select "Team" and "Next."
- Complete the "Additional Information" (student ID required) and select "Next."
- Fees are to be paid at the SSC Issue Cage; proceed to "Shopping Cart."
- If you would like to sign up for more than one sport, repeat steps 2–9.
- Review items and "Proceed to Checkout."
- Review waivers and initial the required boxes. Select "Next." If you are under the age of 18, you need to print out the "Risk and Release Form" under the attachment to the right of the screen.
- View or print your receipt if you like.
- Bring your fee(s) payment to the SSC Issue Cage to complete your registration.
If you are not on a registered team by set deadlines, you may sign up at the IM Office and be placed on a team that needs players, or be placed on an inactive waitlist. It is your responsibility to check on your status once scrimmages and leagues begin.
If you are unable to do the above, you should attend games during scrimmages to see whether you can be added or waitlisted to a roster.