Diversity Action Council Student Diversity Awards
The UAA Diversity Action Council seeks to recognize and empower students to lead change in the community by offering tuition awards of up to $1,000. This Student Diversity Award is designed to recognize student who significantly contribute to enhancing diversity at UAA by:
increasing visibility of diverse people, cultures, and/or perspectives;
creating a welcoming environment; and/or
representing diverse student voices through advocacy and participation in UAA student organizations.
The UAA Diversity Action Council will review applications and grant tuition of up to $1,000 to the top applicants. Students from the UAA Anchorage campus and community campuses are eligible. Award recipients must meet eligibility criteria including a 2.5 cumulative GPA, Satisfactory Academic Progress and admitted to a UAA certificate or degree program.
Complete the application via Qualtrics, available at the button link below. You will not be able to save your work in the middle of the application and return to it later so be sure to have the following information ready before starting the application:
- Your contact information.
- Answers to these essay questions (limit of 200 words for each answer):
- Describe how you promote a welcoming environment that is inclusive of diverse people and cultures/perspectives. Please include specific examples.
- Describe how you take a leadership role and provide a student voice in diversity related issues. Please include specific examples.
- Describe how you advance social justice and diversity within the larger community.
Please include specific examples.
* It is recommended that you first write your answers in another program like Word, where you can save your work and then copy and paste your answers into the application.
- The name and title of the University or community professional providing you a letter of reference.
- You will need to upload your letter of reference to the application.
If you have any questions, please email Corey Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, Student Activities Coordinator.
Individuals needing accommodation to participate in the application process should
contact Disability Support Services at 786-4530 or email@example.com at least one week in advance of the application deadline.