Friday, December 8, 2017 (11:59 pm)
The UAA Diversity Action Council seeks to recognize and empower students to lead change in the community by offering tuition awards of up to $1,000. This Student Diversity Award is designed to recognize student who significantly contribute to enhancing diversity at UAA by:
- increasing visibility of diverse people, cultures, and/or perspectives;
- creating a welcoming environment; and/or
- representing diverse student voices through advocacy and participation in UAA student organizations.
The UAA Diversity Action Council will review applications and grant tuition of up to $1,000 to the top applicants. Students from the UAA Anchorage campus and community campuses are eligible. Award recipients must meet eligibility criteria including a 2.5 cumulative GPA, Satisfactory Academic Progress and admitted to a UAA certificate or degree program.
Complete the application via Qualtrics, available at the button link below. You will not be able to save your work in the middle of the application and return to it later so be sure to have the following information ready before starting the application:
- Your contact information.
- Answers to these essay questions (limit of 150 words for each answer):
- Describe how you promote a welcoming environment that is inclusive of diverse people and cultures/perspectives.
- Describe how you take a leadership role and provide a student voice in diversity related issues.
- Describe how you advance social justice and diversity within the larger community.
* It is recommended that you first write your answers in another program like Word, where you can save your work and then copy and paste your answers into the application.
- The name and title of the University or community professional providing you a letter of reference.
- You will need to upload your letter of reference to the application.
**If the individual providing your letter of reference would rather submit it directly to the Awards committee, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 786-6108 or email@example.com for further instructions.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 786-6108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Disability Support Services at 786-4530 or email@example.com at least one week in advance of the application deadline.UAA DAC Student Diversity Award Applicationoptional hidden text