Participating in the Hooding Ceremony
Before the Ceremony
Day of Ceremony
- Doors to the auditorium will open for guests at 2:30 p.m.
- Tickets are not required for guests attending the hooding ceremony.
- Coat/bag check will be provided for any personal items you'd like to leave backstage during the ceremony.
- If you have purchased or been awarded a cord, medallion or sash from an honor society related to your field, do not wear it to the hooding ceremony. The focus of this ceremony is the graduate hood and cords can detract from the placement of the hood. These items may be worn at the commencement ceremony only.
- Decorated caps are not permitted at the hooding ceremony.
- Please arrange for family or friends to care for children or infants in the audience during the ceremony as they will not be permitted to accompany you during the processional and ceremony for safety and logistical reasons.