In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the University of Alaska Anchorage has taken steps to protect the health and safety of our campus community. Visit the University of Alaska Coronavirus Information website to learn how UAA and the university system are responding to this situation. Find links to communications, policy guidance, resources and information about the university's community restrictions, which apply to all faculty, staff and students. The UAA Student Health and Counseling Center remains open at this time to serve UAA students. For information about COVID-19 symptoms and current health recommendations, visit the CDC website and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.
Participating in the Hooding Ceremony
Before the Ceremony
Day of Ceremony
- Doors to the auditorium will open for guests at 2:30 p.m.
- Tickets are not required for guests attending the hooding ceremony.
- Coat/bag check will be provided for any personal items you'd like to leave backstage during the ceremony.
- If you have purchased or been awarded a cord, medallion or sash from an honor society related to your field, do not wear it to the hooding ceremony. The focus of this ceremony is the graduate hood and cords can detract from the placement of the hood. These items may be worn at the commencement ceremony only.
- Decorated caps are not permitted at the hooding ceremony.
- Please arrange for family or friends to care for children or infants in the audience during the ceremony as they will not be permitted to accompany you during the processional and ceremony for safety and logistical reasons.