University of Alaska Anchorage
Know the Steps to Participate
1. Apply for graduation
A graduation application must be submitted to participate in UAA’s virtual commencement ceremony. For application steps, visit Graduation & Degree Services. Remember these deadlines:
- Nov. 13, 2020 – Deadline to apply for fall graduation and to be recognized in the fall commencement ceremony and program
- Dec. 4, 2020 – Late deadline to apply for fall graduation
2. Customize your personal commencement slide
We have teamed with MarchingOrder to give UAA’s 2020 graduates the opportunity to create a personal slide including a photo, quote and opportunity to pre-record your name to be read aloud during UAA’s virtual fall 2020 commencement ceremony. Graduates who have already applied for graduation will receive an email in the coming days with instructions to log into the MarchingOrder website to upload this information and create this lasting keepsake. For those who apply to graduate between now and Nov. 13, you will receive an email with these instructions within three business days of submitting your application. All name recordings must be complete by Nov. 17. All other slide details must be complete by Nov. 29.
3. Join us for the ceremonies!
Invite friends near and far to watch your commencement by tuning in to the ceremonies right here on UAA’s commencement website. Masters and doctoral candidates will be celebrated at the graduate degree hooding ceremony, Saturday, Dec. 12 at 3 p.m. All graduates will be celebrated at the commencement ceremony on Sunday, Dec. 13 at 1 p.m. These events will be launched promptly at these times, and available for viewing any time after that.
A Message from Degree Services Regarding Diplomas
Congratulations on your tremendous achievement! Check your preferred email account in January 2021 for information about your diploma. To ensure receipt of this information, please make sure your preferred email and mailing addresses are current in UAOnline.
As you wait for your diploma, here are two alternate ways to verify your degree:
- Your transcript will show your degree information. You may access your unofficial transcript and order official transcripts in UAOnline: alaska.edu/uaonline.
- The National Student Clearinghouse is the official verification service for employers to verify degrees: nationalstudentclearinghouse.org.
If you have questions, please contact Degree Services at email@example.com.
Diploma tubes, graduation kits and welcome from the Alumni Association
Click here to reserve your diploma tube packed with a special graduation kit and welcome letter from the Alumni Association.
For questions regarding the commencement ceremony:
For questions regarding degrees and honors: