Fall 2023 Commencement
Alaska Airlines Center, Sunday, Dec. 17, 1 p.m.
Know the Steps to Participate
1. Apply for graduation
A graduation application must be submitted to participate in the commencement ceremonies. For application steps, visit the Registrar's Office/Degree Services. Remember these deadlines:
- November 10, 2023 - Deadline to apply for fall graduation and be recognized in the commencement program.
- December 8, 2023 - Deadline to apply for fall graduation and participate in the fall commencement ceremony.
2. RSVP for the ceremony
An RSVP is required for all participating graduates. The RSVP link on this page will open beginning of October. See our How to Participate page for more information about the ceremony.
3. Order cap, gown and tassel from the Seawolf Store.
A hood is also required for master's and doctoral degree candidates. Visit the store during Homecoming week, Oct. 9-13, and receive 10% off graduation items (excluding diploma frames).
- December 12, 2023 - Last day to purchase regalia online to receive by mail
- December 15, 2023 - Last day to purchase regalia online and pick up in person at the Seawolf Store
- December 17, 2023 - Last day to purchase regalia in person at the Seawolf Store (at the kiosk next to the AAC box office)
December ceremonies have general admission seating. Guest tickets or advance reservations are not required.
Viewing the Ceremony Online
The commencement ceremony will be streamed on Facebook Live. A Facebook login is not required to view the event. The online link and program will be posted here shortly before the event.
Celebrate & Share Online
Congratulations, and we'll see you Sunday, Dec. 17!
When you RSVP for commencement, you give UAA permission to take photographs or video of you at the event and to use the photographs or video in its print and internet publications and productions, including advertising, signage and promotional materials, and for commercial purposes.
At UAA, we proudly welcome and celebrate the personal customization of traditional academic regalia.
A Message from the Registrar's Office Regarding Diplomas
Graduates, congratulations on your tremendous achievement! You'll be contacted by email before the end of January with information about picking up your diploma. To ensure receipt of this information, please make sure your preferred email and mailing addresses are current in UAOnline.
As you wait for your diploma, here are two alternate ways to verify your degree:
- Your transcript will show your degree information. You may access your unofficial transcript and order official transcripts in UAOnline: alaska.edu/uaonline.
- The National Student Clearinghouse is the official verification service for employers to verify degrees: nationalstudentclearinghouse.org.
If you have questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-786-1480 (option 5).
Welcome from the Alumni Association
Congratulations Class of 2023! You have worked so hard and achieved so much. While this chapter of your amazing UAA story comes to a close, your next chapter as alumni begins. You will join the proud ranks of UAA alumni — a network of nearly 67,000 worldwide and growing. So, without further ado and in no particular order, check out the 10 things every new UAA grad should know to fully take advantage of your new status as UAA alumni. Welcome to Seawolf Nation.