Transfer Credit Evaluation

Do you need to send us a transcript?

Visit Admissions' How to Apply page for specific information. Contact Enrollment Services with questions at 907-786-1480.

  • I am bringing in transfer work from another college/university

    Transcripts are automatically evaluated for transfer credit within 3 to 5 business days of receipt for all students who have applied for admission to an undergraduate degree program.

    Once your evaluation is complete, you will receive an email with instructions on how to view your transfer credit in UAOnline.

    Check DegreeWorks and work with your academic advisor to determine how your transfer credit fits into your UAA degree plan. Your advisor may recommend academic petitions for a transfer course that could not be transferred in as a specific UAA course.

  • Transfer Evaluation System
    Use the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to view how courses have recently transferred from a variety of institutions. You can compare course descriptions or search for courses that will transfer as equivalent UAA courses or General Education Requirements. This system is updated frequently and is by no means a comprehensive list of transferability. If a course doesn't transfer as you expected, contact your academic advisor about the petition process. Additional information is available in the university catalog.
    Transfer Evaluation System
  • National Exams

    UAA awards credit for satisfactory performance on the following national examinations: Advanced Placement (AP), CLEP, DSST, UExcel, and International Baccalaureate. Credit may be received for more than one national exam.

    The UAA course equivalency for each national exam is subject to change. Current UAA course equivalencies can be found in the catalog.

    For information about taking CLEP, DSST or UExcel exams, visit the Testing Center website.

    To order your score report, visit:


    Official score reports should be sent to:

    UAA Enrollment Services
    3211 Providence Drive
    Anchorage, AK 99508


Contact Transfer Evaluations:
907-786-1480 option 5

Mailing Address:
University of Alaska Anchorage
Enrollment Services
Office of the Registrar, Transfer Evaluations
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508

Back to top