Coronavirus information

Visit the UA coronavirus information website to learn how the University of Alaska is responding to the novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and find links to communications, policy guidance and resources.

Transfer Credit

Contact via Email and Phone: Closed to In-person Traffic

The University Center is closed to walk-in traffic due to statewide and local measures to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Staff are unable to answer the call center at this time but voicemail and email are being checked and responded to throughout the day, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. 

Please use the contact information on this page to get help.

During this time, all transcripts and diplomas will be mailed. The previous mailing charge for diplomas will be waived.

Get credit for classes taken at other regionally-accredited institutions and through national examinations or other nontraditional credit options.

How to Transfer Credit

  1. Send an Official Transcript

    Upon receipt of official transcripts, the Registrar's Office evaluates academic courses for UAA credit. This happens automatically for applicants and current students of undergraduate certificate, associate or bachelor degree programs. Students in other programs can meet with an academic advisor about the petition process.

  2. Receive an Equivalency Report

    Transfer credit evaluations are generally complete within five business days of transcript receipt. The Registrar's Office emails the student's preferred email (as set in UAOnline) address after the evaluation is complete and directs them to their equivalency report in UAOnline. DegreeWorks is updated to include transferred classes.

  3. Review Report and DegreeWorks with Advisor

    After reviewing the report, contact an academic advisor to make decisions about which courses to take and whether to consider the academic petition process.

Anticipating Transfer Credit

The Transfer Evaluation System shows how courses have recently transferred from a variety of institutions. Compare descriptions or search for courses that will transfer as equivalent UAA courses. While this system is frequently updated, it is not comprehensive: for courses not available in the Transfer Evaluation System, submit an Equivalency Review Request.

Transfer Evaluation Service

National Exams and Nontraditional Credit

UAA awards credit for satisfactory performance on the following national examinations: Advanced Placement (AP), CLEP, DSST (formerly known as DANTES), Excelsior U-Excel, and International Baccalaureate. Credit may be received for more than one national exam.

To transfer, request an official score report of your test score(s) be sent to UAA. For information on accepted tests, minimum score requirements and their UAA equivalencies, see the UAA Catalog.

Nontraditional Credit Policies in the UAA Catalog

Military Credit

UAA is a GoArmyEd school and participates in the Air Force Education Portal and the My Career Advancement Program offered to spouses. UAA accepts DSST Exams (formerly DANTES) and CLEP exams and evaluates military training for admitted degree-seeking students.

Military Credit

International Credit

Students that have attended a post-secondary institution outside of the United States must submit an official copy of their academic transcript to World Education Services (WES). Do not submit your foreign transcripts directly to UAA. WES will analyze your international degrees and/or coursework and provide U.S. equivalents.

International Credit