The Students-First Award
Faculty and staff | Four awards cumulatively, two for faculty and two for staff members. | One faculty and one staff will be awarded for the Anchorage campus. | One faculty and one staff selected from the community campuses.
Demonstrates exceptional commitment to advancing a culture of institutional excellence that inspires and enables student achievement and success in two or more of the following aspects:
- Instruction and learning experiences.
- Building and developing curriculum and learning resources.
- Mentoring students.
- Advancing student excellence.
- Advancing teaching excellence.
- Outstanding contribution to student achievement that improves transition to higher education, performance and grades so that most students persist and complete their educational goals.
- Demonstrated innovative and creative approaches in advising, programming, partnerships, outreach and support services that identify and remove barriers to success.
- Level “above & beyond” normal job requirements/functions.