Wells Fargo Sports Complex
The Wells Fargo Sports Complex at the University of Alaska Anchorage exists primarily to enhance the educational athletic experience available on the Anchorage campus. Realizing that recreation is also an important part of the educational process, the Wells Fargo Sports Complex is available for students, faculty, staff and the public for individual and organized recreation.
Opened in the Fall of 1978, the center houses a Gym, Swimming Pool, Ice Rink, Fitness Center, Jogging Track and Dance Studio under one roof. Designed as a spine to provide a comfortable walk through from one side of campus to another, the complex has open viewing to all activity areas.
- All Complex users must present a valid I.D. card or admission ticket prior to center usage. Personal trainers and coaches for profit must present a valid I.D. card or admission ticket.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required at all times.
- No street worn or non-court shoes allowed on court surfaces.
- No wheeled footwear allowed in the sports complex at any time
- No food or drink allowed on lower level.
- Spectator area on upper level only.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times.
- Limited equipment may be checked out at the Issue Cage. I.D. card is required at the time of issue. Failure to return equipment will hold the user responsible for paying the replacement cost of lost item and facility use privileges will be suspended until such payment is received.
- Minimum equipment is required for all UAA sponsored activities. The issue cage has a list of required protective equipment for UAA activities at the WFSC.
- The complex will operate daily, Monday through Sunday, in accordance with the posted semester schedule. The complex will be closed on all university holidays and up to 10 days without notice for needed maintenance. The scheduled activities may be preempted by special events without notice. No refunds will be granted during these closures.
- The university will not be responsible for accident or injury to users of the facility. UAA will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Locker, shower and sauna facilities are available for authorized users only. Daily use lockers are provided at no charge but may not remain locked over night. Locks left over-night on unrented or daily use lockers will be removed at the owner's expense.
- Complex users are responsible for knowledge of, and compliance with, all posted regulations and the direction of facility staff members. Users not in compliance with complex regulations or staff direction or persons misusing equipment or I.D. card privileges will be required to leave the complex and can be denied further access without regard to user status or refund.
- Students, Faculty/Staff and Recreational Use I.D. cards are non-transferable. No refunds will be granted under any circumstances.
Our Wells Fargo recreation staff is happy to be offering Fitness Classs for our student body.
Parking on the UAA campus is by permit or "Pay and Park" only. "Pay and Park" kiosk is located on the south lot across from the Book Store. Paid parking is enforced Monday through Thursday 7:30am - 7:30pm. Parking is free on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Use of the Wells Fargo Sports Complex does not exempt participants from parking regulations. Except for designated times during the year and established by UAA Parking Services parking enforcement is an annual activity.Parking Services