AP & Travel Forms

AP Forms


Travel Forms

  • Export License Exception TMP (Temporary Exports) and BAG Certifications

    Export License Exception TMP Certification (Temporary Exports) and BAG Certification form - PDF Version

    Please click the link above to download the certification forms for completion. A signed copy should be submitted to the Office of Research and Graduate Studies at uaa_rgs@uaa.alaska.edu for review by Dr. Helena Wisniewski, Vice Provost of Research and Graduate Studies.

    For more information on how to complete the certification form, please review the Frequently Asked Questions document.

    Please allow for a two week processing time for your Export License Exception TMP and BAG Certification forms.

  • Certification Regarding the Release of Controlled Technology or Technical Data to Foreign Persons

    The Certification Regarding the Release of Controlled Technology or Technical Data to Foreign Persons in the United States should be completed and signed by the lead investigator/supervisor and department administrator, and submitted tthe Office of Research and Graduate Studies at uaa_rgs@uaa.alaska.edu for review by the Vice Provost of Research and Graduate Studies.

  • Mileage Report

    The NEW mileage rate as of January 1, 2023 is $.655. Please use the 2023 mileage form for any non-travel related reimbursements after January 1, 2023. For travel between July 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 the mileage rate is $.625, continue to use the  July 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022 mileage form. For travel related mileage, the Concur Mileage Calculator will calculate the correct mileage rate based on date of travel. 

    Mileage Rates:  

    Applicable Period Rates (in cents per mile) 
    January 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023 $0.655
    July 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 $0.625


  • Non-Employee Travel
    • Non-employee and UA student travel should be completed through Concur 
    • Independent Contractor travel is best handled as part of their contract with Procurement Service as they are traveling for their business.  

    A Concur Travel Request is required for university business travel for non-employees prior to travel commencing and travel expenses being paid. Guests should complete the UAA Guest Concur Profile Request form, while students should complete the UAA Student Traveler Concur Profile Request form.

    Our non-employee students and guests do not undergo travel training and are not familiar with the travel regulations, policies and procedures set forth by UA. Therefore, it remains the travel delegate's responsibility to manage all portions of travel for non-employee students and guests.

    Delegates are also expected to advise their non-employee travelers of UA regulations and procedures as they apply to the trip (e.g. receipt requirements, car rental rate class allowances, personal travel restrictions, etc.). Our travel regulations and procedures apply to all travelers regardless of their employment relationship with UA.

    We do not set the expectation that non-employees manage any of their travel in Concur. The only portions they are required to complete in Concur are filling out remaining profile information (e.g. TSA and emergency contacts) and students submitting the final Expense Report.

    Delegate Responsibilities

    1. Initiate profile creation and provide User Admin with required information
    2. Complete and submit the Request
    3. Book travel from the approved Request
    4. Complete the Report including make corrections if returned by the Processor. A Report should be completed and submitted within 15 days of trip completion.  
  • UA Travel Card

    Employees authorized to travel for business purposes may obtain a personal UA travel card to utilize for business travel expenses while in travel status (i.e. lodging, meals, local transportation, etc.). 

    Complete the UAA Travel Application and register for Traveler Training. Training dates are updated on the Accounts Payable & Travel home page. The travel card is not and does not replace a ProCard. Cardholders should adhere to their department’s normal procurement processes for non-travel purchases. Non-cardholders should work with their department if they need monetary support before or during travel.

  • Closing Travel Card Account

    Travel Card Close Form is necessary if you would like to close a travel card.