How To Forward Email as Attachment
Forwarding an original email as an attachment. This allows the header information to be utilized by IT Services to block/allow senders into the UAA mail environment.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (Windows OS Desktops/Laptops)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Windows OS Desktops/Laptops)
- Microsoft Outlook 2011 (Apple Macintosh OS Desktops/Laptops)
Steps to Resolution
1. Open folder view of mailbox
2. Single click on email desired to be forwarded
3. Locate the "More" button in the ribbon along the top (TIP: located just to the right of the Forward button). Click on the small arrow pointing down next to "More"
- When the drop down list appears, select "Forward as Attachment" from the list
- Complete the send message as normal
This feature is used when forwarding inbound SPAM email to email@example.com for further processing.