25Live is a Scheduling & Space Management System which is the central scheduling system for the University of Alaska Anchorage. It is currently used for scheduling by most Anchorage Campus departments, Kodiak, Mat-Su & Prince William Sound campuses. It allows students and employees across the UA System to,
- See information and availability of University spaces, equipment and services. Can be seen on screen or emailed as reports.
- Reserve or request rooms and other spaces on the Anchorage, Kodiak, Mat-Su & Prince William Sound campuses. The ability for you to reserve or request a space depends on how it has been setup by the department that schedules it.
- Publish events and important dates to various University web calendars. This includes the Calendars on the Seawolf publications sent by email.
- Reserve equipment and services provided by UAA IT Services. This includes technical assistance before your event.
- Request equipment and services provided by Conference Services. Fees do apply and vary depending on equipment and services requested.
- Request Parking Fees be waived in Parking Lots and Garages during your event, fees may apply.
- Some other departments have equipment specifically for use in their rooms that can also be reserved or requested.
See below for additional information about 25Live.
- Logging into 25Live
- Benefits of using 25Live for scheduling department spaces, equipment and/or services
- Getting access to do more than make requests in 25Live
Logging In And Using 25Live
Anyone with an active UA Login has access to the below 25Live sites. For more help
in choosing to use Desktop or Mobile watch the short video on Mobile vs Desktop. For more help with using these web programs go to the User Help section.
Pro: The main site for everything that is not done in the Admin Utility.
Mobile Scheduling: Simple navigation and appearance designed for quick scheduling and mobile devices. Only recommended for creating events when you know the Name of the Location you want. This version cannot be used to create complicated event or find available rooms. There are no additional search options, you can only use pre-created and keyword searches.
Admin Utility: This is the site used to edit information on Contacts, Organization, Locations and Resources. What you can edit depends on your permissions.
The TEST sites are used for training and testing. If you would like to practice creating events and see how it works login to TEST, nothing you do will be processed.
Benefits of Using 25Live for Scheduling Spaces, Equipment and Services
It allows departments to schedule spaces, equipment and services; generate invoices; publish to and generate web calendars; and populate electronic signs. 25Live can be customized in many different ways making it adaptable to many different scheduling needs. One system for everything you need including requesting spaces, equipment and services from other departments.
12 Reasons to use 25Live
- Its free, 25Live is the software chosen by the Vice Chancellor for tracking the use of University spaces. It is paid for by his office, maintained by UAA IT Services and made available to departments for free.
- Easily schedule the use of your rooms around the UAOnline Courses. The Course schedules import into 25Live from Banner. Any changes to classes in Banner are updated into 25Live every 5 minutes. Final Exams are also scheduled using 25Live so as soon as they are scheduled by the Registrar's Office the room reservations are in 25Live.
- Get notified by email if a UAOnline Course gets scheduled to use a room during a time when you had an something else scheduled in it. The 25Live interface with Banner sends an email to the scheduler on the event when email a course is imported into that room. (University policy for all spaces is that Courses have priority use of space for all meetings that are required for students to attend.)
- UPD uses 25Live to determine when building and rooms need to be unlocked and locked. By entering your event in 25Live you are already notifying UPD that the building needs to be open. This also helps ensure that UPD knows what is going on across campus.
- Publish interactive calendars to web pages. You can create any number of calendars based on event searches in 25Lived. These calendars can be added to any webpage using numerous styles and formatting options. They have many ways for users to subscribe to them, learn more by watching the 25Live Web Features Video. Get Provost and Registrar Dates & Deadlines automatically added to your web calendar when they are added into 25Live.
- Create and manage workflow for your events. 25Live can automatically generate tasks to other users across the system this includes, publish to web calendars.
- When your rooms are not available when you need one, easily request a space from other departments.
- Request Equipment and Services from other departments all in one place.
- Allow users across campus to request the use of specific spaces when they are not in use. You control what spaces can be requested and you accept or deny those requests. This saves you the time of entering and editing events by requiring the requestors to give you all the information and keep it updated. All you have to do is approve or deny the requests. 25Live prevents locations from being requested if the space already has something scheduled. You can even restrict people from requesting to use your spaces outside normal hours.
- Setup pricing to generate Invoices for the use of your rooms & resources.
- Publish room schedules or events to electronic signs.
- It is used to generate space utilization reports by Facilities. The reports generated by Outlook and Google Calendars are not adequate for this purpose. If the use of a space is not in 25Live, Facilities usage reports will show that the space is not being used.
Examples of Current Uses
- UAA University Police Department, to know what is going on around campus and when buildings need unlocked outside of normal hours.
- UAA Facilities, to generate space Utilization reports.
- UAA Advancement, to generate the web calendars seen from the Calendars quick link on the UAA website.
- Many departments and campuses, to generate both public and private web calendars.
- UAA Health Science Building to populate the display on the electronic room signs.
- Scheduling UAOnline Course Final Exams for the Anchorage, Mat-Su & Prince William Sound Campuses.
- UAA Registrar's Office to schedule, classes in the centrally scheduled & departmentally controlled general teaching classrooms.
- Conference Services for scheduling spaces, equipment and services.
- UAA IT Services, both AV & Desktop employees use 25Live to help plan upgrades to room equipment when they are not in use. Allows them to reserve of rooms for need upgrades and service to equipment.
Get Access to do More in 25Live
To Schedule Spaces, Equipment and/or Services
If the spaces are already setup for scheduling in 25Live, contact the person who is responsible for your department’s setup in 25Live. If you do not know who that is, contact the System Administrator.
If the spaces have never been setup to be scheduled in 25live you will need to go through the setup process. Since 25Live is highly customizable the System Administrator needs information from you to make sure we get you setup the way you want. To get started or schedule a demo for your department contact the System Administrator.
To Create a Web Calendar
If your department already uses 25Live for room scheduling, contact the person who is responsible for your department’s setup in 25Live. If you do not know who this is, contact the System Administrator.
If your department does not schedule rooms in 25Live, e-mail the System Administrator. Make sure to include information about what you want to go on the calendar and if you want events to go through an approval process before they appear on the calendar.
Interface with Other Software
If you would like to connect 25Live with another software please email the below information to the System Administrator.
- The software to interface with, preferably a link to the software vendor or the software itself.
- What is the software used for?
- What type of interface do you want?
- What information are you wanting to send/receive?