University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
PowerApps is a solution provided by Microsoft for Office 365. It allows individuals to create customized apps that connect their data and work. PowerApps simplifies the process of building an app without requiring the knowledge of app development or custom coding.
How do I access Microsoft PowerApps?
Microsoft PowerApps is accessible via most web browsers, or mobile device
- Open a web browser and go to Office 365.
- Once there, login with your UA email address (e.g. UaUsername@alaska.edu) and password.
- After you have successfully signed in, in the upper left corner click the App launcher, click All apps, then click PowerApps.
- Microsoft PowerApps Tutorials
- Microsoft Blog > How to use PowerApps
- Microsoft PowerApps Documentation
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of apps can I make with PowerApps?
PowerApps can be used to create simple apps to help you automate, or compelte, everyday tasks. Examples include request forms, RSVP forms, budget tracking, and more.
- Do I have to be a programmer to use PowerApps?
No. PowerApps consists of an easy to use drag and drop system for orienting elements on teh canvas, similar to how PowerPoint works. It uses formulas similar to Excel to allow individuals to easily create conditions to match their desired logic. See the Microsoft tutorials What are canvas apps in PowerApps, and Get started with canvas-app formulas in PowerApps for additional information.
- What data sources can I connect my PowerApps to?
Your app can be connected to Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, SQL Server, and many other applications. Please see Microsoft's Overview of canvas-app connectors for PowerApps for additional information.
- Can I delete an App I created?
Yes; however, be aware that if you've shared the App with anyone when you delete it you are permanently deleting the app for everyone.
If you would like to delete an app, please see Microsoft's Delete an app from PowerApps documentation.
Need additional help or have issues
For additional assistance contact the IT Services Technical Support Center via phone at (907) 786-4646, toll-free at (877) 633-3888, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.