You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Staff Recognition Award
The UAA Staff Council would like to recognize those employees who go the extra mile. There are many ways an employee may contribute to the success of UAA. This may include a suggestion or action approved and implemented by management that improves a process, outstanding customer service, and/or when an employee has gone above and beyond in their regular work assignment or a special project.
Who Can Be Nominated
- The award is open to all regular and term full- or part-time staff members working for UAA.
- Faculty, temporary employees and student workers are not eligible for this award.
- Nominations are for individual nominations only; group nominations will not be considered.
- Staff members can be awarded only once in an academic year.
Who Can Nominate
Any staff, faculty, student, and administrator may submit an online nomination for a staff member.
Nominations must be submitted by 1st Friday of each month. Nominations received after the deadline date will be considered for the following month.
Selection and Announcement
The Staff Council will review all nominations and make their decision by the 3rd Friday of each month. Award winner will be notified and recognized on the Staff Council website, Staff Council monthly newsletter, and Facebook.
The Council will select one staff member as the awardee per month. If the individual you nominated was not selected, you can resubmit the nomination again. Nominations not selected will not be rolled over to the following month.
Criteria for Award
A staff member can be nominated based on any of the following criteria:
- Brings Their “Best” Everyday - Bringing the “best” of themselves to work on a regular basis throughout the year in performing his/her regular job duties consistent good performance in their regular job duties.
- Exceptional Customer Service - Going the extra mile to make someone feel that they are important and understood; anticipating their needs.
- Good Ambassador - Being a good ambassador by enhancing/promoting the image of the department, college, program, unit, and/or university by serving on committees and/or works with groups/organizations outside of the university.
- Healthy Work Environment/Wellness - Champions sound ideas for positively impacting workplace wellness and treats others with dignity and respect.
- Initiative - Exhibits initiative and creativity resulting in improved operating efficiency.
- Problem Solver - Suggests creative ways resolve problematic issues and/or uses his/her knowledge and expertise to resolve problems quickly.
- Positive Role Model and/or Attitude - Interacts with others in a positive, responsive and cheerful manner.
- Team Player - Contributes to a supportive and collaborative team and always willing to lend a hand or assist co-workers with their workload.
Other Awards to Nominate a Staff Member
- UAA Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence - The Chancellor's Awards promote excellence in what we do and recognize individuals and groups for their exceptional service to our university community.
- UAA Admin Services Service Awards - The UAA Admin Services Servie Awards include the Employee of the Quarter Award and the Annual Bill Rose Memorial Award.
- UAA Admin Professional Award - The UAA Campus Bookstore accepts nominations each year to recognize UAA employees' hard work and contributions.
- UA Staff Make Students Count Award - The Staff Make Students Count Award recognizes university staff who provide outstanding service to students anywhere in the University of Alaska system.