Good news, Seawolves! The Administration/Humanities Building is officially open for normal business and classes as of Monday, Oct. 14. Thanks to faculty and staff for their flexibility working from temporary locations and students for their flexibility attending courses in alternate classrooms.
Special thanks to our amazing Facilities and Campus Services team and partners AMC Engineers, Vannoy Electric, North Form and Lake View for their work to get the building back up and running so quickly.
Anchorage, Alaska is located at the base of the Chugach Mountain range and has some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation! Take advantage of some fantastic lodging options near the Universities!
SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake (includes Residence Inn)
Part of the Marriott family, this established hotel is nestled in the University Lake park surrounding the east side of campus. The hotel has pool and breakfast bar accommodations and is in walking distance from main events of the conference.
- SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake for $229.00 USD per night
- Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown for $229.00 USD per night.
Start date: 6/23/19
End date: 7/2/19
Last day to book: 5/25/19
Guest Housing at UAA
UAA Conference Services offers economical guest lodging in the on-campus residence halls and apartments each summer from late May through early August. Designed for student housing with privacy and security in mind, rooms are available in single suite, double suite and quad suite arrangements. All rooms have single-person beds and private bathrooms.
There are no refrigerators in the dorm rooms however you may rent one upon check in. They are on a first come first served basis and will be delivered the following day of your check in. The rental fee is $30 per unit
All guests will be staying in 1 of 2 Student Housing Residence Halls. Each Residence Hall has vending machines, a coin/debit operated laundry room, and is staffed 24/7 by a Conference Services Guest Representative.
The Residence Hall has 3 suite styles of rooms:
- Single Suite: accommodates only 1 person per suite with a private bathroom (limited quantities available)
- Double Suite: accommodates 2 people, each person will have a private bedroom sharing 1 bathroom
- Quad Suite: accommodates 4 people, each will have a private bedroom sharing 2 bathrooms and a common living room
- Shared Suite: applies to guests willing to share a Double or Quad Suite with same gender guests while still having a private bedroom.
- Note: the person booking the double or quad suites will be the responsible party for payment of the entire suite. If you don't want this option, please pick Shared Suite (students will be able to use this option)
The nightly group rates are:
- Single Suite: $65 USD per person per night*
- Double Suite: $130 USD per suite per night*
- Quad Suite: $159 USD per suite per night*
- Student Shared Suite: $40 USD per person per night* (Student Rate only - student ID required upon check in)
* bed tax of 12% will apply upon nightly calculations
Anchorage proudly boasts about having some of the friendliest hosts, and our Airbnb can't be beat! A cost effective option, we recommend being mindful of the location of your lodging so that you remain in Anchorage, and not too far away from the action!
As mentioned before, please be mindful of where you are reserving lodging. It is recommended to find a hotel or Airbnb close to the University of Alaska Anchorage campus to help ease travel to and from the conference. While small towns like Eagle River, Palmer, and Wasilla are beautiful, they have a long commute to and from the conference for most visitors. To view these locations (and many more like them), we recommend a car rental and a relaxing drive!
For those who do not wish to rent a vehicle while here for the conference, Lyft and Uber are very popular in Anchorage. Many drivers can also provide some great "local hotspot" information if you ask!