Try it Local
Anchorage has many local "foodie" blogs and resources we highly recommend checking out! Details are about either locally grown produce, harvested materials, subsistance culture, and quality places to dine!
- Julia O'Malley "An Alaska Life: Culture + Food + Home"
- Anchorage Daily News "How Alaska Eats: Make the historic Alaska cocktail (and other local food notes)"
- Anchorage Community Land Trust
- Alaska Food Policy Council
- Top Anchorage Restaurants to Visit that Support Local Food in Alaska by Alaska Farm Tours
- Ask a Local: An Insider's Guide to Anchorage, Alaska by Bon Appétit
Additional links regarding organizations working on the food related subjects in Alaska can be found on the Alaska Food Policy Council links page.
- Arctic Roadrunner (Anchorage)
- Bear Tooth Theatrepub & Cafe (Anchorage)
- Butcher Block 9 (Palmer)
- Bridge Seafood (Anchorage)
- Eva CupCakery (Anchorage)
- The Lucky Wishbone (Anchorage)
- Jack Sprat (Girdwood)
- Moose's Tooth Pizzeria (Anchorage)
- Queen of Sheba Ethiopian (Anchorage)
- Seven Glaciers Restaurant (Girdwood)
- Snow City Cafe (Anchorage)
- South Restaurant and Coffeehouse (Anchorage)
- Spenard Roadhouse (Anchorage)
- Turkey Red (Palmer)
- Urban Greens (Anchorage)
- Wild Scoops (Anchorage)