Panel: Food and Memory
Day 1, Morning Session II, 10:30 am - 12:10 pm, RH 117
(Theme: Place and Identity)
- “A Private Snack of Crackers and Butter,” Lisa Heldke, Gustavus Adolphus College
- “SPAM Fried Rice: Dishing up the Memory of Hawaii,” Lindsey Foltz, University of Oregon
- “Remembrance of Things (Re)Past: Memory, The Senses, and Historic Interpretation,” Esther Martin-Ullrich, Boston University
- “What Do You Mean, This Isn’t Chocolate?”: Preserving/Identity and a Diasporic Memory of Pork Blood Stew,” Stephanie Lim, University of British Columbia
- "All The Year Round": Punch Bowl Conviviality and Nonlinear Time in the Work of Charles Dickens,” Deirdre Murphy, CIA.