(907) 786 - 1104
- 2008 Ph.D. in Engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, OH. Dissertation: “Improved Structural Health Monitoring Using Random Decrement Signatures.”
- 2003 M.Sc. in Engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, OH. Thesis: “Investigation of the Appropriate Excitation for Identification of Nonlinear Distributed Parameter Systems Using the Minimum Model Error Method.”
- 2002 B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Summa Cum Laude,Wright State University, Dayton, OH.
- ME A303 Machine Design II
- ME A403 Machine Design III
- ME/EE A308 Instrumentation and Measurement
- ES A209 Statics
- ES A261 Introduction to Engineering Computation
- ES A106 Engineering Graphics
- Dynamics, system dynamics & control, engineering vibrations, advanced vibrations, strategies for team-based engineering problem solving
Professional & Department Service• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), member since March 2005.
• American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), member since March 2002.
Reviewer for Journals:
15. Applied Sciences, MDPI
14. Sensors, MDPI
13. Materials, MDPI
12. International Journal of Applied Mechanics, World Scientific
11. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Techno Press
10. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, SAGE Publications
9. Optics & Laser Technology, Elsevier
8. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Elsevier
7. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, SAGE Publications
6. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, SAGE Publications
5. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, ASME
4. AIAA Journal, AIAA
3. Journal of Sound and Vibration, Elsevier
2. Shock and Vibration, IOS Press, Hindawi Publishing
1. Nonlinear Dynamics, Springer
Asset integrity, structural health monitoring, corrosion detection, vibration suppression
and isolation, rotordynamics, nonlinear dynamics.
Funded Research Projects:
2. "Magnetostrictive Sensor for Integrity Monitoring of Unpiggable Pipelines," 01/2021-12/2021.
1. “Detection of Internal Metal Loss in Pipelines Based on Magnetostatic Force”, 01/2020-06/2021.
Google Scholar profile: Oleg Shiryayev @ Google Scholar
Scopus profile: Oleg Shiryayev @ Scopus
- Shiryayev, N. Vahdati, F.F. Yap, and H. Butt, “Compliant Mechanism-Based Sensor for Large Strain Measurements Employing Fiber Optics,” Sensors, vol. 22, 3987, May 2022. https://doi.org/10.3390/s22113987
- Alzarooni, M. AL-Shudeifat, O. Shiryayev, and C. Nataraj, “Post-Resonance Backward Whirl Analysis in Cracked Overhung Rotors,” Scientific Reports, vol. 12, 8517, May 2022. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-12068-w
- Ali, F. Alam, F.F. Yap, O. Shiryayev, N. Vahdati, and H. Butt, “4D Printed Thermochromic Fresnel Lenses for Sensing Applications,” Composites Part B: Engineering, vol. 230, 109514, February 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2021.109514.
- Parapurath, A. Ravikumar, N. Vahdati, and O. Shiryayev, “Effect of Magnetic Field on the Corrosion of API-5L-X65 Steel Using Electrochemical Methods in a Flow Loop,” Applied Sciences, vol. 11, no. 19, p. 9329, October 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/app11199329
- Al Handawi, N. Vahdati, P. Rostron, L. Lawand, and O. Shiryayev, “Strain based FBG sensor for real-time corrosion rate monitoring in pre-stressed structures,” Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical, vol. 236, November 2016, pp. 276-285. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2016.05.167
- Shiryayev and J. Slater, “Detection of Fatigue Cracks Using Random Decrement Signatures,” Structural Health Monitoring, vol. 9, No. 4, July 2010, pp. 347-360. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1475921710361324
- Shiryayev and J. Slater, “Improved Structural Damage Identification Using Random Decrement Signatures: Application to FEM Data,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 15, No. 7, November 2008, pp. 1006-1020. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/stc.239
- Shiryayev, S. Page, C. Pettit, and J. Slater, “Parameter Identification and Investigation of a Bolted Joint Model,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 307, No. 3-5, November 2007, pp. 680-697. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2007.06.033
Career History/Work Experience
2022 – present Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
2019 – 2022 Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
2010 – 2019 Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KUST), Abu Dhabi, UAE. By the Royal Decree the Petroleum Institute (PI) merged with the Masdar Institute (MI) and Khalifa University of Science, Technology, and Research (KUSTAR) to form KUST in 2017.
2008 – 2010 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA.
2002 – 2008 Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA.