2020 Photo Competition
Do you have a knack for photography? Are you posting daily to Instagram? Do you want to share your story—and maybe win a $250 scholarship in the process?
Then you should compete in the Engineering Photo Competition! It’s simple to submit and it might just help you pay for classes in Spring of 2020. There are four categories and each category will have one winner. Yup, that means you have four chances to win.
Deadline: February 10, 2020, 11:59 PM
- Research & Innovation
- Alaskan Adventures
- Jobs & Internships
- Clubs & Community
Photos will be judged on two areas of criteria: Content and Aesthetics. Each of the following criterion will be scored on a 9 point scale.
- Adherance to theme
- Effective use of UAA Brand
- Color, Lighting, Focus, Etc.
- Overall Visual Appeal
- Participants can submit up to 5 photos per category, up to 20 photos total.
- Participants are encouraged to submit to multiple categories, but participants cannot win more than one category.
- No specific camera equipment is required. Photos taken with cell phones are accepted.
- All submissions are individual. The photographer is considered the participant. The subject(s) of photos are NOT considered participants, unless the photo is a selfie.
- All submitted photos belong to the UAA College of Engineering and may be used for marketing purposes.
- Winning photos must score at least 12 out of 18 points. If no submissions meet that threshold in a category, then no winner will be announced for that category.
- Winners must be students at the UAA College of Engineering and enrolled in classes for Spring of 2020.
- As with all UAA activities, participants must follow the UAA Codes of Conduct. Any submissions that violate the Codes of Conduct will be reported to the Dean of Students. This includes plagiarism and theft of intellectual property. Photos that contain graphic depictions of nudity, sexual activities, violence, or illegal activities will also be considered a breach of the Codes of Conduct.