Zlata Lokteva (email@example.com, (907) 786-1951) and Franco Nero (firstname.lastname@example.org, (907) 786-4129) will be available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm for in-person, phone, Zoom, or email advising appointments. Drop-in hours: Mondays 1-3pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-11am; and on Wednesdays 2-4pm. You can either email them with your appointment needs and availability or schedule your own appointment through Navigate. Zlata and Franco will be happy to answer any of your questions, just send them an email.
Student Advising Center: email@example.com or (907) 786-4100
New Student Advising
Incoming students seeking a Bachelor's degree from the College of Engineering--including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer Systems Engineering, as well as Computer Science and Geomatics students--will be advised by College of Engineering First Year Advisor. Course selection will depend upon first year course matching, test scores and consultation with a College of Engineering First Year Advisor.
Don't wait to schedule an appointment with your advisor through the Navigate App, either on your phone or computer.
- To download Navigate, search "Navigate Student" in iOS or Android app store, OR
- Log in to the Navigate desktop platform for students
College of Engineering Advisors are also available during Howl Days orientation events for new incoming students. Advisors will assist new students with registering for classes during these Howl Days events. Sign up now to attend Howl Days and become part of the UAA community!
College of Engineering Advisors
- Meeting with individual students to help understand their specific needs and goals
- Providing information about each of our programs and requirements
- Helping students understand academic standards, expectations and administrative processes at UAA
- Offering information and advice on specific courses to assist in selection of course loads, as appropriate for each student
- Connecting students with appropriate resources for successful academics, involvement in student organizations, engineering career fairs, opportunities for study abroad, and life challenges.
If you are an incoming freshman, transfer student, returning student, or changing your major to engineering, your first point of contact is one of our Academic Advisors. We will answer your questions and assist you in navigating UAA's procedures and resources, and will also help you choose your classes as you begin your studies within the College of Engineering.
Once you achieve full major status, you will work directly with a Faculty Advisor who is an expert in your selected engineering, computer science, or geomatics discipline. They will help you choose classes which match your interests and career goals, and help connect you with leading industry partners and internship/job opportunities.