A Discussion of Community Policing in Anchorage
by Melissa Green |
The Anchorage Police Department has recently increased community policing efforts, including adding foot patrols in some areas around Anchorage. APD and community leaders discussed current efforts at reducing crime, reducing fear of crime, and improving police-community relations. The free public event was held on March 21, 2017, at the UAA/APU Consortium Library on the campus of University of Alaska Anchorage and was sponsored by the UAA Justice Center and UAA Justice Club. Learn more about the event on the UAA Justice Center blog.
- Capt. Sean Case, Anchorage Police Department
- Mayor Ethan Berkowitz, Municipality of Anchorage
- Sgt. Brian Williams, Anchorage Police Department Employees Association
- Jamie Boring, Executive Director, Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd.
- Nora Morse, Special Assistant to Mayor Ethan Berkowitz