Dr. Jill Janke announces retirement after 41 years with the UAA School of Nursing.
College of Health News
Carol Mitchell, a graduate student in the Speech-Language Pathology program was awarded the Helen Bierne scholarship at the Alaska Speech-Language-Hearing Association state convention.
Project BLENDS is pleased to announce that it has accepted six College of Health graduate students for the 2022-2023 school year.
A team led by Robbin Garber-Slaght at NREL and co-principal investigator Philippe Amstislavski at the University of Alaska Anchorage received nearly $2.5 million in HESTIA funding to develop cost-effective, bio-based insulation materials. The project, "Celium: Cellulose-Mycelium Composites for Carbon Negative Buildings/Construction," will create carbon-negative insulation by combining foamed cellulose with mycelium—the root network of fungi.
Two members of the College of Health community were honored as emeritus faculty at an award ceremony on April 27.
- Department of Human Services
- Division of Population Health Sciences
- Justice Center
- School of Allied Health
School of Nursing
School of Social Work
- Creighton University/UAA Occupational Therapy Program
- UAA-ISU Doctor of Pharmacy Program
- WWAMI School of Medicine
- Alaska Center for Rural Health and Health Workforce
- Center for Human Development
- Child Welfare Academy
- Interprofessional Health Sciences Simulation Center