Global logistics and supply chain management B.B.A.
Explore the global logistics and supply chain management bachelor’s degree program at UAAAs a major center for international trade, Alaska offers unique opportunities for logistics and supply chain management professionals. UAA’s program allows you to leverage this strategic location as you pursue your bachelor’s degree and develop vital business skills that will set you apart in the job market. You’ll also get to work alongside top UAA faculty who are internationally recognized experts in logistics and supply chain management, in a program accredited by AACSB International and NWCCU.
What you’ll learn
UAA’s B.B.A. in global logistics and supply chain management program was designed to meet the real-life needs of domestic and international businesses. Classes explore the roles that time, physical space and location have on business decision-making. You’ll also explore the unique logistics challenges and opportunities facing Alaska and get on-the-job experience through a well-connected internship program.
Research in the logistics and supply chain management program
Faculty have published several books that are being used in UAA classes and other degree programs around the world. Faculty research also appears in the leading academic and trade journals, exploring such areas as international trade, transportation and Alaska’s unique role in logistics and supply chain management. View the Logistics Research Guide.
Global logistics and supply chain management scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and education expenses. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other financial assistance opportunities that you can qualify for as a global logistics and supply chain management major. Learn more about financial aid opportunities.
Logistics students club
The UAA Global Logistics Association provides opportunities to network with industry leaders, gain hands-on experience and take your education beyond the classroom. Learn more about the Global Logistics Association student organization.
Did you know..
Anchorage is 9.5 hours flying time to 90 percent of the industrialized world. No logistics and supply chain management degree program in the United States offers such a strategic location.
What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in global logistics and supply chain management from UAA?
As a global logistics and supply chain management major at UAA, you’ll learn how to
handle complex logistical functions, design transportation networks, negotiate contracts
with suppliers and prepare pricing and cost expenditure statements. These experiences,
both inside and outside the classroom, will prepare you for advanced study and leadership
in a variety of business careers.
Logistics and supply chain management graduate programs
UAA offers a Master of Science in global supply chain management that focuses on managing global supply chain systems with an emphasis on leadership, information technology and international business practices. The program also prepares you for a variety of professional certifications in logistics and supply chain management.
Logistics and supply chain management careers
Organizations around the world rely on logistics and supply chain management to be successful. UAA alumni work in the military as well as for transportation carriers, retail firms, the energy sector and more. These are just a few of the careers you might pursue with your Bachelor of Business Administration degree:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Customs Broker
- Inventory and Materials Manager
- Operations Research Modeler
- Production Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Transportation Planner
- Warehouse Manager
By the numbers..
Global logistics and supply chain management bachelor’s degree program highlights
Get hands-on experience to prepare for real-world careers. The following are just a few of the opportunities you’ll have access to as a global logistics and supply chain management major at UAA:
- Prepare for logistics careers in Alaska and elsewhere: At UAA, you’ll find unique professional development opportunities in a large, resource-rich state that plays a key role in the nation’s flow of international trade.
- Apply classroom knowledge in real-world professional settings: UAA offers a three-credit, 225-hour logistics and supply chain management internship in which you’ll work under the supervision of a business or government manager.
- Work closely with industry leaders: UAA faculty are leading researchers and internationally recognized experts in fields such as international trade, transportation and Alaska’s key role in logistics and supply chain management.
- Create valuable professional contacts: You’ll visit prominent logistics organizations in Alaska and take part in a variety of business and networking activities that will help you start planning your career while you pursue your bachelor’s degree.
- Use specialized technologies: These include databases such as World Development Indicators Online, World Trade Ref, ERP-Sim from SAP, and several academic journal databases (including Elsevier Science Direct) available through the UAA/APU Consortium Library.
Amazing stories from global logistics and supply chain management majors
I cannot emphasize enough the immediate value the B.B.A. in global logistics and supply chain management at UAA created for me as a professional. I was well-prepared to start my logistics career. While the global logistics and supply chain management degree is focused, the program also ensured I would emerge as a well-rounded business professional with classes in management, human resources and negotiations. Dr. Darren Prokop leads a program that provides graduates with immediate career opportunities and he is a direct link to the professional logistics community in Alaska and beyond.
Global logistics and supply chain management bachelor’s degree program curriculumThe bachelor’s degree curriculum includes all university requirements for business majors along with five professional courses in global logistics and supply chain management. All five core global logistics and supply chain management courses focus explicitly on business activities that are critical to the economic and social success of Alaska, the nation and the Pacific Rim.
Top classes for global logistics and supply chain management majors
- Foundations of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Transportation Management
- Purchasing Management
- Materials Management
- International Logistics and Transportation Management