You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Explore the finance bachelor’s degree program at the University of Alaska AnchorageUAA’s challenging, career-focused finance program explores a variety of business areas, with special attention to corporate finance and investments. Additional topics include international finance, financial institutions and financial derivatives.
Networking and professional opportunities
Make professional connections and get real-world experience as you pursue your bachelor’s degree. UAA offers internship opportunities with Alaska financial firms and government agencies that give you the chance to work with financial planners and wealth managers, meet financial clients and more.
Scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and educational costs. UAA’s College of Business and Public Policy offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance for undergraduate business students. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What can you do with a finance degree from UAA?
Anchorage is home to many investment firms and large corporations. UAA alumni frequently
secure jobs working for these companies in investment advising, financial analysis,
corporate finance and banking. A degree in finance will also open doors to a variety
of other business careers.
Finance graduate programs
Prepare for graduate programs at business schools where you can specialize in areas such as corporate finance and investment banking. UAA also offers a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree that prepares you for managerial and leadership roles in business.
- Corporate finance
- Investment banking
- Financial planning
- Financial advising
- Security management
- International finance
By the numbers..
Finance bachelor’s degree program highlights
Choose a major in finance at UAA for opportunities that will set you apart in the job market and prepare you for career success.
- Get real-world business experience. Opportunities include paid internships with local financial services companies, offering on-the-job training and professional networking opportunities.
- Learn from top financial professionals. Program faculty are experts in their field and bring diverse research backgrounds and first-hand business experience to their classes.
- Join UAA’s Finance and Investment Club. This active student club holds investment competitions and networking events, brings in guest speakers and shares job and internship opportunities.
- Explore career possibilities. Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation (APFC) promotes job openings and recruits UAA finance program alumni for entry-level positions.
Amazing stories from finance majors
UAA’s finance program taught me the fundamentals of risk analysis and the applications of various financial instruments. This was useful in obtaining my current position in the insurance industry. I also developed relationships in the community through the program that accelerated my personal and professional growth and got to work with professors who are intelligent and inspiring.
Finance bachelor’s degree program curriculumThe bachelor’s degree in finance is a mathematics-intensive program that covers topics such as investing strategies, portfolio management and assessing financial risk. The program also includes courses in banking.
Top classes for finance majors
- Explore topics such as bond portfolio management, interest rates and performance evaluation in Bond Market Analysis, an advanced course in investment management covering fixed-income securities.
- In UAA’s International Finance course, you’ll learn about business concepts, including foreign exchange determination, international acquisitions and taxation, hedging and speculation.
- Cover stock valuations and financial securities investment techniques in Investment Management.