General Business A.A.S.
Explore the general business associate degree program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
The general business program teaches you how to start a new business and be a more
effective entrepreneurial thinker in today's dynamic, global society. You’ll learn
to analyze organizations, identify managerial problems, evaluate management environments
and create business opportunities. You’ll also have the chance to apply your learning
outside the classroom in real-world business situations that help build your professional
General business scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and other education expenses. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance to help you earn your degree. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What can you do with a general business degree from UAA?
With courses in entrepreneurship, finance, marketing and other business fundamentals,
this degree will open the door to a variety of career opportunities in small and large
organizations. You can also choose particular courses from the associate program that
best apply toward a bachelor’s degree in the business field.
General business careers
- Small business owner
- Customer service representative
- Office manager
- Small business manager
By the numbers..
General business associate degree program highlights
Develop your entrepreneurial skills and start growing your professional network by earning an associate degree in general business from UAA.
- Build your professional network. Students are invited to attend numerous business meetings throughout the academic year, which are facilitated by organizations such as the Alaska Chapter of the American Marketing Association, the Center for Economic Development, the Small Business Development Center and the Small Business Administration. Additionally, UAA invites many business professionals from the community to come to classes to give presentations and network with students.
- Learn from top faculty. UAA instructors are business professionals who bring numerous years of experience and a vast professional network to the program.
- Work in state-of-the-art facilities. Computer labs at UAA feature the latest technology and offer ideal spaces for collaboration and learning.
General business associate degree program curriculumThe general business program includes core courses in business management, finance, marketing and accounting. You can also customize your degree by selecting from a variety of electives such as logistics and warehouse operations. Skills covered include managing and operating a small business, developing business plans, motivating the workforce, managing human resources and identifying new business opportunities. The associate degree requires a minimum of 60 credits to complete.
Top classes for general business majors
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Logistics, Information Systems and Customer Service
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Principles of Financial and Managerial Accounting