Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Explore the M.B.A. program at the University of Alaska AnchorageThe Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program prepares you to excel in leadership and management roles in today’s business world. The program includes cutting-edge teaching techniques, extensive networking opportunities and flexible course schedule options designed for people with busy work schedules. Emphasis areas include business intelligence and business analytics, leadership, public sector and nonprofit management, health administration, and global supply chain management.
What you’ll learn in the M.B.A. program
The M.B.A. program gives you the skills to ask the right questions, identify challenges and generate solutions. The focus of the program is management practice, but studies can be focused in a variety of business areas depending on your career objectives. As a result, you’ll graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead organizations in a complex global environment.
Tom Case Leadership Fellows Program
Make valuable new connections with leaders in the local business community through the Tom Case Leadership Fellows Program; a mentoring program for students who are committed to leadership and professional development.
M.B.A. scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and education expenses. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance to help you earn your degree. Learn more about financial aid opportunities.
Did you know..
The average annual salary for M.B.A. alumni one year after graduation is $63,838. The average salary five years post-graduation is $94,843.
What can you do with an M.B.A degree from UAA?
An M.B.A. is a versatile degree that will open the door to a variety of leadership
and management positions, as well as high-level jobs in the government and nonprofit
sectors. The following are just a few of the career paths that will be available to
you after graduation.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Financial Manager
- Marketing Director
- Senior Strategy Manager
- Investment Banker
- Management Consultant
- Executive Director
By the numbers..
M.B.A. program highlights
With flexible class schedules and close ties to the local business community, UAA’s M.B.A. program prepares you to lead in today’s complex business world.
- Learn via innovative teaching methods. You’ll have the opportunity to use cutting-edge techniques related to working in and managing teams, student-led classes and presentations, simulations, case studies and role play.
- Pursue your degree on a flexible schedule. Classes are generally scheduled on weekday evenings and/or Saturdays to accommodate the needs of working students.
- Work closely with top faculty. Graduate program professors bring real-world business experience and a vast professional network to their classes.
- Take part in the Tom Case Leadership Fellows Program. The program prepares future leaders who meet the needs of Alaska organizations through leadership, professional development programs and mentoring.
- Join the M.B.A. Student Association. Activities include networking events, mentorship opportunities, guest speaker engagements and more.
M.B.A degree program curriculumThe core curriculum consists of 21 credits and covers topics such as business intelligence and analytics, leadership and organizational behavior, financial decision making and marketing. You can also choose from graduate elective courses in a variety of areas such as marketing, finance, logistics and supply chain management and more.
Top classes for M.B.A. students
- Executive Leadership: Interact and network with top executives from the local business community.
- Strategic Management Seminar: Explore the role of top management and other stakeholders in setting an organization's strategic direction.
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining: Apply business intelligence and data mining techniques to marketing campaigns, fraud detection and terrorism detection using SAS Enterprise Miner.