Nursing Education Graduate Certificate
Explore the nursing education graduate certificate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
With an emphasis on instruction in teaching and learning, program and course development,
implementation and evaluation, UAA’s nursing education graduate program allows you
to explore content and topics you’re interested in. After earning your certificate,
you’ll also have a complete professional curriculum that is immediately deliverable.
Nursing education scholarships and financial aid
University of Alaska Foundation scholarships and other opportunities may help you pay for nursing graduate school. Learn more by visiting the UAA Office of Financial Aid.
Online classes and distance learning
Stay close to home while you earn your graduate certificate. All nursing education classes are delivered asynchronously online, and you’ll use a variety of web-based learning tools to complete the program coursework. The required clinical hours take place in the student’s home community, if possible.
Nursing education certification
After you complete this graduate program, you’ll become eligible to take the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator Exam.
Nursing student advising
Work with an academic advisor and program faculty to develop a plan of study and stay on track to earn your certificate. You may connect with faculty through site visits, conference calls and recorded video sessions.
Did you know..
UAA’s nursing education graduate certificate program is specifically designed for licensed registered nurses with a master’s degree from an accredited nursing school.
What can you do with a nursing education certificate from UAA?
Qualify for high-demand teaching jobs in health care, particularly in urban and rural
communities across Alaska, as well as specialized studies at the doctoral level.
Nursing education graduate programs
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Nursing education careers
- Providence Health and Services
- Providence Alaska Medical Center
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Anchorage School District
- Alaska Regional Hospital and Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
- U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army
- Maxim Healthcare Services
- Southcentral Foundation
- Kaiser Permanente
By the numbers..
Nursing education graduate certificate program highlights
Combining graduate-level coursework with practicum hours in classroom and clinical settings, UAA’s nursing education certificate program prepares you for leadership, practice and instruction in Alaska’s health care system.
- Work with faculty to design an internship that meets your learning and career goals. Internship placements are available in a variety of academic, community and hospital settings.
- Develop a curriculum and deliver it to your peers while earning real-world practicum experience. With 120 required hours, you can complete the teaching practicum in your local community and incorporate internships and service learning projects into your experience.
- Master the use of technology in an education setting. You will use a variety of curation, communication, collaboration and creation technologies throughout the coursework, including Google Apps for Education, VoiceThread, Microsoft Office Suite, screen-casting tools and more. You’ll also research the role of simulation, augmented reality and virtual reality in curriculum design and instruction.
- Learn from experienced nursing educators in an active and differentiated learning environment. Courses have been aligned to reduce redundancy and maximize your learning experience while allowing you to explore content and topics you’re interested in.
- Collaborate with professionals in related health care fields. Students from other professional programs enroll in nursing education certificate courses, contributing to an interprofessional, collegial environment that supports the exchange of ideas and incorporation of new techniques and strategies for enhanced learning with your peers.
Nursing education graduate certificate program curriculum
Based on standards set by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and the
National League for Nursing, UAA’s nursing education certificate program provides
a platform for you to create a course development plan on a topic you’re passionate
Through the coursework, you will conceptualize and deliver your own curriculum to peers, get their feedback, evaluate the curriculum’s efficacy and refine it to graduate with a professional curriculum that is ready to be implemented.
Top classes for nursing education majors
- Apply theory in active learning and modes of curriculum delivery in Developing Curriculum for Nursing and Other Professions.
- Push your comfort zone to explore the uses of self-selected technological teaching tools and blog about your experience in Technology for Learning and Collaboration.