Pharmacy Technology Occupational Endorsement Certificate
Explore the pharmacy technology occupational endorsement certificate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate program in pharmacy technology is one of
only a few programs in the state that qualifies you to sit for the Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board national exam.
Pharmacy technology scholarships and financial aid
You may qualify for scholarships and awards to help you pay for college. Find out more by visiting the UAA Office of Financial Aid.
Flexible, online classes
Enroll in classes online, starting in fall or spring, to complete program requirements for UAA’s pharmacy technology certificate while staying closer to home or work.
Student advising and support
Develop a program of study to complete 16 credit hours and earn your occupational endorsement certificate in a timely manner. Full-time undergraduate students can complete the certificate program in two semesters. Stay on track with help from academic advisors in the School of Allied Health.
Did you know..
The program is a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board-recognized education/training program, indicating that it meets the high national standards that the PTCB sets for pharmacy technician training.
What can you do with a pharmacy technology certificate from UAA?
UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate program in pharmacy technology provides
a solid background in preparation for advanced studies in pharmacy or a successful
career as a pharmacy tech.
- B.S. in health sciences
- Doctor of Pharmacy
Pharmacy technology careers
Pharmacy technicians work in pharmacies and drug stores, private and public hospitals, health care organizations and general merchandise or food and beverage stores. UAA alumni are employed across Alaska by employers such as:
- Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation
- Fred Meyer Pharmacy
- Costco Wholesale
By the numbers..
Pharmacy technology occupational endorsement certificate program highlights
Receive specialized training to prepare for a career providing pharmaceutical services to patients, customers and other health care professionals.
- Learn from experienced health care professionals. Courses are taught by licensed pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians.
- Get additional support from a network of pharmaceutical professionals across Alaska. This occupational endorsement certificate program uses online technology to connect classmates and community partners statewide and enables everyone to participate in live presentations and discussions.
Pharmacy technology occupational endorsement certificate program curriculum
Gain specialized pharmacy tech training to learn the skills and knowledge you’ll need
to be successful in your career. Program coursework covers topics in compounding and
mixing medications, preparing and delivering medications to patients, ordering supplies,
using equipment and maintaining confidential patient records.
UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate program follows standards set by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education’s Model Curriculum for Pharmacy Technician Training.
Top classes for pharmacy technology majors
- Learn and apply Pharmacy Calculations to process prescriptions, compute intravenous flow rates and compound medications.
- Explore the Professional Practice of the Pharmacy Technician through an online lecture and discussion format