To be eligible to register a student must:
- Be admitted to the university as a certificate-seeking, degree-seeking, or non-degree-seeking student.
- Most students must complete Title IX Training. Degree seeking, living in campus housing and/or national/international exchange students are required to complete Title IX: Sexual Assault Prevention training annually. Training cycles run July 1 – June 30. Access the Title IX training website.
- Some classes require certain placement exams or other prerequisites in order to register. See specific class restrictions in UAOnline.
The goal of academic advising is to assist students in developing educational plans consistent with career and life goals and to provide students with the information and skills needed to pursue those goals. For a list of advising contacts and for more information, visit the Advising page. Advisors may also be indicated in DegreeWorks which is available through UAOnline.
Planning a Schedule
Student can take advantage of Schedule Planner - an online tool similar to a shopping cart where students may add classes to their cart, block out non-class times and select available schedules. Schedule Planner is available the day the semester schedule goes live.
How to Use Schedule Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
Plan Semester Expenses
High School Students Taking College Courses
Secondary school applicants are admitted as non-degree-seeking students. There is no application fee or deadline for secondary student admission. Secondary students who have applied to the university in a prior semester do not need to apply again.
To apply, new students should:
- Go to UAOnline and select "Enter as Non-Degree-Seeking Student" under Just Take a Class
- Select "Enter" under UAA
- Select the red "New Student" link under Section 2 or the blue "First Time User Account Creation" link located near the bottom of the page to create login ID and password.
- Choose a campus
- Choose Secondary School
- Select the admission term and fill out the application. Each section must have a check mark before submission. For additional time to complete the application, select Finish Later and return another time. Incomplete applications will be deleted after three days.
Please allow 1-2 business days for applications to be processed. Next, search for UA credentials (UA ID number and username) and set a password at the UA Easy Login Maintenance Option (ELMO) site using option 3.
Before registering for classes, secondary students must submit a Secondary Student Registration Form. UA ID number is required on this form. Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the University Center or at a local campus.
For additional information, please see the Secondary Student Enrollment Policy or contact the Registrar's Office.