TRIO Student Support Services
UAA TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program by the Department of Education designed to provide academic assistance and enhance educational opportunities for students. TRIO SSS is funded to serve 160 students throughout their academic career at the University of Alaska Anchorage until a baccalaureate degree is attained.
All our services are offered FREE of charge to accepted SSS participants.
Our Services Include:
- Professional & Peer Mentoring Support.
- Assessment Testing: Accuplacer, Learning Styles and Strengths Quest Inventories.
- Assistance with Degree Planning and Academic Mapping.
- Bridging Program/Mentoring: Orientation to UAA and the College Experience.
- College Survival Skills Instruction (3 Credits): Formal instruction on keys to successful college learning and degree completion.
- Community and Campus Cultural Events: Cultural Exposé, Performing Art Culture Exposure, and Welcome Gatherings.
- Financial Aid Assistance: Help completing the FAFSA, scholarship essay and referral assistance, tuition waivers, and Financial Literacy 101 Instruction.
- Skill Development Workshops: Financial Literacy and Resume Development.
- Tutorial Assistance: Individualized tutoring and referral to campus/departmental tutoring.
TRIO Support Student Services participates annually in TRIO National Day of Service, which is a nationally organized event between colleges and universities across the country that unite together to bring awareness and advocate for TRIO Programs.TRIO Student Support Services is a fully-funded program of the U.S. Department of Education in the amount of $228,186.00 annually. Sec. 402D HIGHER EDUCATION ACT OF 1965 SEC. 402D.20 U.S.C 1070a-14.0.0
Sally Monserud Hall 112
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Meet the UAA TRIO SSS Team
Interested in Applying?
All Applicants must meet one of the following federally defined criteria:
- Students who meet Low-income Qualifications by federal guidelines for family unit size
- First-Generation College Students (neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year college or university)
- Individuals who experience a Documented Disability
Apply to UAA TRIO Student Support Services