University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
Student Support Services
UAA TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) offers support services to students with limited income, whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have not earned a baccalaureate degree, and/or who experience a documented disability. Each year, TRIO SSS supports 160 participating students navigate through to graduation. There is no cost for eligible students accepted into the program.
Services SSS Provides Participating Students:
- Academic Mentoring Support.
- Assessment Testing: Accuplacer, Learning Styles and Strengths Quest Inventories.
- Assistance with Degree Planning and Academic Mapping.
- Bridging Program/Mentoring: Orientation to UAA and the College Experience.
- College Survival Skills Instruction (3 Credits): Formal instruction on keys to successful college learning and degree completion.
- Community and Campus Cultural Events: SSS Club, Cultural Exposé, Performing Art Culture Exposure, and Welcome Gatherings.
- Financial Aid Assistance: Help completing the FAFSA, scholarship essay and referral assistance, tuition waivers, and Financial Literacy 101 Instruction.
- Skill Development Workshops: Financial Literacy and Resume Development.
- Tutorial Assistance: Individualized tutoring and referral to campus/departmental tutoring.
TRIO Support Student Services participates annually in TRIO National Day of Service, which is a nationally a nationally organized event between colleges and universities across the country that unite together to bring awareness and advocate for TRIO Programs.Student Support Services is a fully-funded TRIO program of the U.S. Department of Education in the amount of $228,186.00 annually. Sec. 402D HIGHER EDUCATION ACT OF 1965 SEC. 402D.20 U.S.C 1070a-14.
Sally Monserud Hall 112
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Meet the SSS Team
Interested in becoming a SSS participant?
Applicants need to meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Be first in their family to pursue a bachelor's degree and/or come from a family with an annual income that qualifies them for a Pell grant;
- OR experience a disability;
- OR be a recent student from foster care.
TRIO Student Support Services will be online for the Fall 2020 semester!