Student Support Services
UAA TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) offers support services to students with limited income, whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have not earned a baccalaureate degree, and/or who experience a documented disability. Each year, TRIO SSS supports 160 participating students navigate through to graduation. There is no cost for eligible students accepted into the program.
Services SSS Provides Participating Students:
- Academic Mentoring Support.
- Assessment Testing: Accuplacer, Learning Styles and Strengths Quest Inventories.
- Assistance with Degree Planning and Academic Mapping.
- Bridging Program/Mentoring: Orientation to UAA and the College Experience.
- College Survival Skills Instruction (3 Credits): Formal instruction on keys to successful college learning and degree completion.
- Community and Campus Cultural Events: SSS Club, Cultural Expose's, Performing Art Culture Exposure, and Welcome Gatherings.
- Financial Aid Assistance: Help completing the FAFSA, scholarship essay and referral assistance, tuition waivers, and Financial Literacy 101 Instruction.
- Notification Services: email, text, and mobile phone announcements and campus alerts via School Messenger.
- Skill Development Workshops: Financial Literacy and Resume Development.
- Tutorial Assistance: Smarthinking On-line tutoring, individualized tutoring, and referral to campus/departmental tutoring.
Meet the SSS Team
Interested in becoming a SSS participant?
Applicants need to meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Be first in their family to pursue a bachelor's degree and/or come from a family with an annual income that qualifies them for a Pell grant;
- OR experience a disability;
- OR be a recent student from foster care.