Committees and Boards
Committees of USUAA
Senators of USUAA are required to join two of the following sub-committees and Delegates are required to join one:
- Student and Academic Affairs - Work in partnership with faculty and staff at improving the learning experience and developing methods to increase student involvement, retention and graduation rates. Annually plans: Ask Me Anything with the Chancellor and cabinet; Sugar Cookie Council, Daily Den with the Deans.
- Activities - Design and Implement a comprehensive program of social, cultural and special events to encourage campus involvement and enhance student life at the University of Alaska Anchorage. Annually plans: Homecoming Dance, Thanksgiving Feast, and Little Black Dress Doesn't Mean Yes.
- Finance - Responsible for all budgetary and fiscal matters related to the USUAA budget, including the distribution and allocation of funds annually.
- Rules - Resolve procedural, legislative, and constitutional questions and matters related to the USUAA constitution and bylaws.
- Legislative affairs - Responsible for organizing events to advocate to the Alaska State Legislature, the UA Board of Regents, and other bodies to represent the best interests of students and the university. Annually plans: Juneau Advocacy Trip.
The executive committee is composed of the president, vice president, speaker of the assembly, speaker pro tempore, chief financial officer, government relations officer, and chief activities officer. The committee meets regularly to consider and coordinate all matters concerning the assembly. Executives provide direction, organizational oversight, management, and strategic planning for USUAA and its committees. They address internal matters to help improve communication, support, progress, and duties of each standing committee.
Boards of USUAA
Members of USUAA are strongly encouraged to join one of the various boards established by the USUAA Constitution. These boards function independent from the USUAA General Assembly and have separate goals, meeting times, and operating procedures.
- Club Council: The governing body for all student clubs at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Concert Board: The UAA Concert Board is a student fee-funded program designed to offer students an educational volunteer opportunity in the entertainment industry. Concert Board works hard to bring outstanding performers to UAA and the Anchorage community.
- Election Board: Coordinates all aspects of student government elections including promoting the election, providing workshops for candidates, establishing voting locations on campus, and verifying election results.
- Green Fee Board: Administers the $3 per semester Green Fee. Students can submit grant proposals to receive funding for projects that are environmentally wise, economically sound and socially responsible.
- Residence Hall Association: Governing body for the UAA residence halls and apartments.
Contact and Meeting Information
Board/Organization meetings are subject to change, changes will be posted 24 hours in advance on the USUAA Calendar.
||1PM||Student Union South Cafeteria|
|Fridays||2PM||Student Life & Leadership Conference Room|
|Contact via email|
|Green Fee Board
|Fridays||12PM||Student Life & Leadership Conference Room|
|Residence Hall Association
|Sundays||8PM||Gorsuch Commons 106|