Mabil Duir Leadership Scholarship
The USUAA Mabil Duir Leadership Scholarship is awarded to UAA students who have strengthened student life through leadership and involvement within the UAA campus community. This scholarship is awarded in honor of the memory of USUAA Student Leader, Mabil Duir. Tuition Waivers of up to $2,000 will be awarded to the selected applicants.
Submit completed applications online or turn in the paper application to the Student Life and Leadership Office, room 218 in the Student Union. Alternately, email completed paper applications to Zac Clark, Interim Associate Director of Student Life and Leadership, at email@example.com
Deadline for Fall 2019 is Oct. 11, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Applications for the next period will be posted when available.
Students applying for the USUAA Mabil Duir Leadership Scholarship must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Enrolled in three credits or more at UAA and be in good disciplinary standing
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative UAA GPA at time of application
- Admitted to a degree-seeking program at UAA
- Demonstrate, through the application materials, leadership contributions to the UAA campus community, which should have been made primarily in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded
- Submit a complete application packet
Note: Applicants are eligible for a leadership scholarship even if they are graduating at the end of the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
Applicants must submit:
- A narrative essay
- Leadership resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Additional information about these materials may be found on the application page.