Future Students

Veterans Education Benefits 


Military Tuition Assistance 

  • Step 1: Education Center

    Contact your Education Center:

    • Make your appointment with your Education Center counselor to assist you with the TA process.
  • Step 2: Apply for Admission

    If required, apply for admission to the University of Alaska Anchorage to be a degree seeking student. Go Army Ed students are required to be admitted and/or pending to be accepted within GAE for Tuition assistance.  Once you have applied send an email to  uaa_veterans@alaska.edu for us to accept you within GAE.

  • Step 3: Register for Classes

    Register for class using UAOnline.

    • Remember, only the courses that are applicable to your degree program can be paid for using Military Tuition Assistance. 
    • It is highly suggested that you work with an academic advisor and refer to Degree Works to confirm that courses are applicable to your degree program.
  • Step 4: Apply for Tuition Assistance
    • MyCAA
      Please e-mail MYCAA financial aid vouchers to uaa_veterans@alaska.edu  . We will have MYCAA financial aid vouchers posted to students account by payment deadline. 
    • Go Army Ed (GAE)
      1. If you need a course added or if you need to be accepted in GAE for your degree program though UAA please e-mail us at uaa_veterans@alaska.edu .

      Please provide the following information: Full Name & UAA Student ID #, what it is you are needing to be processed, CRN and Course information or Degree program that your're enrolled in.

      Please allow 2-3 business days to manually post the course / accept your application in GAE.

      1. When published and active in GAE we will e-mail informing you of the class availability within GAE at which point you may request TA for the classes.

      1. The GAE tuition assistance will be posted prior to the semester payment deadline for the semester.
    • Air Force 
      For students utilizing Tuition Assistance (TA) please e-mail your voucher to uaa_veterans@alaska.edu .


  • Step 5: Maximize all Funding Resources

    Maximize all sources of funding by completing:

  • Step 6: Check your preferred and UAA email

    Check your preferred and UAA email addresses frequently. 

    • Confirmation of certifications, issues with course applicability, and other important, time sensitive information will be sent to your preferred and UAA email addresses only.