Our mission is to provide a clean and safe environment for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the campus. The majority of the University's cleaning work is performed by American Buidling Maintenance (ABM) during the night shift when facilities are vacant thus reducing operation delays and interruptions. However, UAA custodial staff is still required during the day to perform a variety of duties which cannot be serviced at night including cleaning and vacuuming restricted areas; wet and dry clean ups; maintaining restroom supplies; emergency response (flood or fire)
Work orders for emergencies or routine request may be submitted through Facilities operations at 786-6980 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or on our website at http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/facilities-campus-services/forms. Please contact Public Safety (UPD) for any after hours emergencies at 786-1120. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Alternately, feel free to contact Custodial Contractor at American Building Maintenance website http://www.abm.alaska.com.
UAA is firmly committed to the concept and practice of Sustainability. Some of the areas that Custodial Services and ABM perform occupational safety and social/economic justice for its employees along with environmentally sound practices are:
- use of recycled paper products and environmentally preferred products certified by Green Seal or EcoLogo
- product control and management
- product procurement and packaging controls
- waste minimization and solid waste management
- energy use management
- equipment maintenance
- employee occupational training
- employee occupational protection
- security and safety for UAA and your company and employees
Floor plans with cleaning frequencies.