Colin McGill, Ph.D.Associate Professor/Chemistry Department Chair
Department of Chemistry
- Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Alaska Fairbanks, 2010
- M.S., Chemistry, University of Alaska Fairbanks, 2005
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Alaska Fairbanks, 2001
BiographyDr. McGill was born and raised in Alaska. He is still here.
- CHEM A321- Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM A322- Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM A323L- Organic Chemistry Labratory
- CHEM A441- Biochemistry I
- CHEM A442- Biochemistry II
- CHEM A443L- Biochemistry Labratory
- Identification and characterization of biologically relevant secondary metabolites in Alaskan ethnobotanicals
- Investigation of the roles of specific compounds found in the Alaskan bog blueberry for their impact on inflammation, neuroprotection, and memory
- Investigation of the effects of Devil's club on inflammatory processes
C.M. McGill, K.E. Swearingen, K.L. Drew, B.T. Rasley, T.K. Green “Reaction of Napthalene-2,3-dialdehyde with Cyanide; A Unique Oxidative Condensation Product.” Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry 2005, 42(4), 475-481.
S.J. Gustafson, B.M. Barth, C.M. McGill, T.P. Clausen, T.B. Kuhn “Wild Alaskan Blueberry Extracts Inhibit a Magnesium-Dependent Neutral Sphingomyelinase Activity in Neurons Exposed to TNFα.” Current Topics Neutr. Res. 2007, 5(4), 183-188.
S.J. Gustafson, K.L. Dunlap, C.M. McGill, T.B Kuhn “A Nonpolar Blueberry Fraction Blunts NADPH Oxidase Activation in Neuronal Cells Exposed to Tumor Necrosis Factor-α.”Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity Vol. 2012, Arcticle ID 768101.