Study Abroad Application Information & Forms
To receive resident credit towards your degree or certificate program and use qualifying financial aid and scholarships, you must coordinate your study abroad experience through the Office of International and Intercultural Affairs.
north2north Application Information & Forms
As a member of the University of the Arctic, UAA participates in the north2north exchange program. Membership allows UAA students to attend a wide range of Arctic institutions. UAA faculty engaged in activities related to the Arctic and Circumpolar North suggest this short list of universities and academic fields as a starting place for your consideration.
|Partner Institutions||UAA Application Deadline||Partner Application Deadline|
|March 1, 2018||Varies - please check with host institution|
The north2north exchange opportunity is competitive. Your application should reflect the north2north principles and how they relate to your educational goals. It is important that you work closely with both your academic advisor and your education abroad coordinator in OIIA during the application process.
- Be 18-years old or older and a degree-seeking or certificate-seeking student at a UAA campus.
- Have attended a university/college full-time (equivalent of 12 credits per semester) for at least two semesters.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (students with a 2.75 or higher may be considered with submission of a statement concerning their academic performance).
- Have a clear disciplinary and financial record.
- Have completed the 200-level English composition requirement with a grade of B or higher.
north2 north Application Forms
Please refer to the UAA International Exchange Instructions for 2016-17 and use the UAA International Exchange Application documents in the next section on this page to apply for the north2north (n2n) opportunity.
Exchange Program Application Information & Forms
UAA has exchange agreements with institutions in Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom (England and Scotland). UAA students on exchange pay tuition and the network fee to UAA, and housing, meals and student fees to their host university.
|Partner Institution||UAA Application Deadline||Partner Application Deadline|
|Deakin University (Australia)||March 1, 2018||April 10, 2018|
|La Trobe University (Australia)||March 1, 2018||March 31, 2018|
|Hokkaido University of Education (Japan)||March 1, 2018||April 30, 2018|
|Iwate University (Japan)||March 1, 2018||May 12, 2018|
|north2north member institutions||March 1, 2018||Varies|
|University of East Anglia (England)||**Closed**||**Closed**|
|University of Stirling (Scotland)||March 1, 2018||April 1, 2018|
Candidates who are selected by UAA are nominated to the host institution, which has the final authority to accept the student. The application deadline for exchange programs is in the spring for any semester during the next academic year. Applications will be accepted by a secondary deadline only if there is space in the program.
Competitive candidates for UAA's exchange programs will:
- Be 18 or older and a degree-seeking or certificate-seeking student at a UAA campus.
- Have attended a UAA campus full-time (equivalent of 12 credits per semester) for at least two semesters.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (students with a 2.75 or higher may be considered for some programs with submission of a statement concerning their academic performance).
- Have a clear disciplinary and financial record.
- Have completed their 200-level English composition requirement with a grade of B or higher.
- Exhibit seriousness of purpose, motivation, maturity, independence, curiosity, and openness to new ways of perceiving and doing, as well as the ability to get along well with individuals of diverse backgrounds, and a willingness to go outside their comfort zones.
Students interested in participating in the exchange to Japan should also refer to the "UAA Hokkaido University of Education Exchange - Important Information for Applicants 2016-17" document below for complete eligibility requirements for this opportunity.
UAA Exchange Program Application Forms
UAA International Exchange Application Instructions for 2017-18
UAA Hokkaido University of Education Exchange - Important Information for Applicants 2017-18
UAA International Exchange Application 2017-18 - Part 1 Applicant Information - All
UAA International Exchange Application 2017-18 - Part 2 Essays - Australia, UK, n2n
UAA International Exchange Application 2017-18 - Part 2 Essays - Japan
UAA Disciplinary Action Release Form for International Exchange
UAA Education Abroad Release Form
Many UAA students go abroad through programs offered by our partner organizations. Students must meet the eligibility requirements for the particular program and pay a comprehensive program fee to an affiliated program provider. UAA's program partners are:
- Academic Programs International (API)
- AIFS Study Abroad
- Arcadia University
- Council on Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Florence University of the Arts (FUA), including APICIUS International School of Hospitality
- Global Education Oregon (GEO)
- Institute for Study Abroad-Butler University (IFSA-Butler)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Semester at Sea (SAS)
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software