Education Abroad Scholarships
Scholarships for Education Abroad Students
Students going abroad through a study abroad program hosted by a third-party provider (for example: International Studies Abroad (ISA), Semester at Sea, etc) or an international exchange program (where UAA has a direct partnership) can usually use financial aid to help pay for program costs. Students should refer to the UAA Office of Financial Aid for detailed information regarding how to receive financial aid.
Additionally, for programs hosted by a third-party provider, students should refer to the program’s website for more detailed information on how to use financial aid to pay for program costs.
Click on the button below for financial aid information and studying abroad.
- UAA Scholarship Website
The Office of Student Financial Assistance's scholarship page contains scholarship information for all UAA students. The deadline to apply for UAA scholarships is February 15 for the following fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Most UAA scholarships and other third party scholarships can be used to pay for education abroad program fees. If you are applying for any private scholarships, make sure to check with the organization awarding the funds about how to use them for studying abroad.
- Study Abroad Affiliate Partner Scholarships
If you are studying abroad through one of UAA's partners, check their website for opportunities for funding. A few partners assign scholarships directly to UAA, and the applications and deadlines for these are included in the information below.
Partner Website Academic Programs International (API) API Study Abroad Scholarships AIFS Study Abroad AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships and Grants Council on Educational Exchange (CIEE) CIEE General Scholarship and Grant Information International Studies Abroad (ISA) ISA Scholarships Semester at Sea Semester at Sea Scholarships
- National and International Scholarships
- Fund for Education Abroad (All programs)
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship (Pell Grant Recipients)
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (All programs)
- Gilman - DAAD Germany Scholarship (Germany)
- Freeman Asia Awards for Study in Asia (China, Japan, Korea)
- Killam Fellowship Programs (Canada)
- Critical Language Scholarships for Intensive Summer Institutes (Chinese, Japanese, Russian, among others)
- Kathryn Davis Fellows for Peace
- The Asia Pacific International Education Association (APIEA) (Asia Pacific)