UAA Campus is Open
We are pleased to report the UAA Anchorage campus will open on Wednesday, Dec. 5, following last Friday's earthquake. The Chugiak-Eagle River Campus will remain closed, but classes will resume in alternative locations. Students should check UAOnline for their new meeting location. As you return to campus, we encourage you to check the web page uaa.alaska.edu/earthquakerecovery for important safety tips and resources about how to submit work requests to facilities for repairs. Please continue to check our Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates.
In this article, the reader will learn to utilize the conference call function provided by the VOIP telephony infrastructure. This functionality explicitly covers the functionality available for Cisco IP Phones within the University, but individuals using this functionality can conference in calls from sources outside the University.
Placing a standard conference call:
- During a call, press the “more” soft-key and then the “Confrn”soft key to open a new line and put the first party on hold.
- Place a call to another number.
- When the call connects, press the “Confrn”soft key again to add the new party to the existing call with the first party.
Conferencing in calls from separate lines on the same phone:
- Press the “Confrn”soft key on the Cisco Unified IP phone.
- Press the Line button of the call you want to add to the three-party conference.
Adding a participant to an existing conference call:
- From a connected call, press “Confrn.” (You may need to press the “more” softkey to see “Confrn”)
- Enter the participants phone number.
- Wait for the call to connect.
- Press “Confrn”again to add the participant to your call.
- Repeat to add additional participants.