How To Setup Email - Gmail with iOS Mail App
Use the Mail app to send, receive, and manage email. Simply add the account you want to use in Mail.
How-to Setup iOS Mail app
To sync your Google @ UA account with your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), we recommend that your device runs iOS 7 or later.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select Mail, then select Add Account.
- Select Google.
- Enter your UA email address email@example.com, click Next.
- At the Google Apps @ UA screen enter your UA username and password, then click Sign in.
- Select which iOS apps you want to configure with your Google @ UA account. We recommend
Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Click Save.
- Wait while the iOS device adds the account.
- Click the Home button to return to the iOS main screen.
- Open the Mail app.
- You can begin to use the Mail.app while it syncs mail in the background.
- Is creating new labels supported?Google does not currently support creating new folders (labels) from within Apple Mail. The current workaround is to create, rename, or delete labels from the Gmail web interface.
Need additional help or have issues
For additional assistance contact the IT Services Technical Support Center via phone at (907) 786-4646, toll-free at (877) 633-3888, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.