Outlook 2013 Exchange Setup
- Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2013
- UA domain username & password
Steps to Resolution
To setup a new user profile within Outlook 2013, you will first need to access the ‘Mail’ category within the control panel of your computer.
Windows 7 has a category view and a “Classic” or “Icon” view. For instructions on how to set your Control Panel to “Classic” or “Icons” view, please see the instructions below.
Windows 7: Click ‘Start’, click ‘Control Panel’ and check in the top right hand corner of your Control Panel. It will either say ‘Category View’ or ‘Icon View (large or small). Ensure that ‘Icon View’ is selected.
Use the following steps to setup the profile:
- Click 'Mail'
- After opening the 'Mail Setup - Outlook' screen, click 'Show Profiles...'
- As soon as the next screen has appeared, please click on ‘Add…’ and give the new profile a name. Be sure to enter your name as the name of the profile to ensure no confusion in the future between profiles in the system.
- Click ‘OK’.
- At the ‘Add New Account’ screen, ensure that ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ is selected and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Microsoft Exchange or compatible service’ and click ‘Next’. Enter the following information into the Server Settings screen:
- Server: owa.uaa.alaska.edu
- Uncheck ‘Use Cached Exchange Mode”
- Username: <enter your UA username>
Once you have entered the above information, click ‘Next’. At this point, Outlook 2013 will perform a check with the Exchange 2013 server to ensure your username matches the username of an account housed within that system.
Once this process completes, which may take a few moments, the setup is complete. Please open Outlook 2013, allow a few moments for Outlook to download and setup your mailbox, and you will now be ready to utilize your UAA Exchange 2013 email with Outlook 2013.
If you require further assistance with your setup, please contact the UAA Call Center.