Microsoft Stream is an enterprise video service where people in an organization can upload, view, organize and share videos securely. It is intended for anyone who is interested in using videos in the university to connect, collaborate, learn, and share information. Anyone can search for videos easily and consume them on their device, whenever and wherever.
Microsoft Stream is a online service that individuals can use to post and view videos such as communications, recordings of meetings, presentations, or training sessions.
- Search for text or spoken words within videos
- Enhance accessibility for everyone with closed captioning
- See all speakers and jump ahead to where they appear in your video
- Play video while viewing or searching its transcript
- Search, view, and share video in the tools you use most
- Anyone within the university can create and contribute content
- Increase engagement with likes, shares, and comments
- Safely share content across the university with built-in encryption
- Individuals can use channels and groups to organize and grant permissions to their videos
- Adhere to regulations with built-in compliance
Note: The Microsoft Stream service should be used for videos that serve an educational or professional purpose. IT Services recommends using a separate YouTube or Vimeo account for personal use.
Who can get it
All University of Alaska students, staff, and faculty will be able to access and use Microsoft Stream.
Requesting a University Wide Channel
To request a Microsoft Stream organization wide channel, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- The name and UA Username of the Channel Administrator responsible for managing the Microsoft Stream channel
- The name and UA Username of a backup Channel Administrator responsible for managing the Microsoft Stream channel
- A proposed display name and description for the channel
- Note: Channel names should following the naming convention MAU - Department - Unit (e.g. UAA - Administrative Services - IT Services). If you are unsure what the name of your channel should be, IT Services staff will assist in finding the appropriate name for your channel
Use the following resources to manage, use, and modify your Microsoft Stream Channel:
- Getting started with Microsoft Stream
- Upload your first video
- Download your video
- Permissions and privacy
- Categorize and organize videos
- Create a group
- Group & Channel examples
- Search channels, groups and videos
- Frequently Asked Questions
Need additional help or have issues
For additional assistance contact the IT Services Technical Support Center via phone at (907) 786-4646, toll-free at (877) 633-3888, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.